Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Ties: 5th Batch For 2013

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here are some more cravats from the vault. As always, all ties are in at least very good condition, unless otherwise stated; postage is in addition to price of necktie. Let's start off this batch with two fantastic examples of California hand-painted neckties:

First is a very colorful parrot tie, originally sold by Gimbel Brothers. It features a brown and tan tropical background, with almost sea green foliage and parrot, along with bright yellow bamboo. Tie graphic is printed/painted throughout all of tie. 48" long by 4" wide; silk. ($10)

Next is a "classic" (for the time) Mexican man with broad-brimmed sombrero, taking a siesta by a cactus. The label (attached by one side) reads "Hand Painted From California," and the back of the front blade also has "Hand Painted" printed on it. Outside of graphic, tie is maroon; graphic background is cream, with picture itself painted yellow, light maroon, and light purple. 47" long by 4 3/4" wide; feels like rayon or rayon/acetate blend. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here's the next installment for this batch:

(l to r) On the left is a handsome navy blue tie with silver and black diagonals. Measures 50" long by 33/4" wide; unlined, feels like acetate. ($6)

In the middle is a '30s tie originally sold by "R. W. Johns Custom Cravats." Motifs are red with off-white spots, on a deep maroon background. Measures 47" long by 31/2" long; lined and feels like silk. ($6)

Last is a Bold Look tie from a line that you don't see too often: California Satins Cravats by Don Juan Styled by Murray." Background is a muted purple, with criss-cross motif of red, yellow, and tan. Measures 50" long by 4" wide; lined, feels like rayon or rayon/acetate. ($6)

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
Here's the next installment for this batch:

(l to r) On the left is a handsome navy blue tie with silver and black diagonals. Measures 50" long by 33/4" wide; unlined, feels like acetate. ($6)

In the middle is a '30s tie originally sold by "R. W. Johns Custom Cravats." Motifs are red with off-white spots, on a deep maroon background. Measures 47" long by 31/2" long; lined and feels like silk. ($6)

Last is a Bold Look tie from a line that you don't see too often: California Satins Cravats by Don Juan Styled by Murray." Background is a muted purple, with criss-cross motif of red, yellow, and tan. Measures 50" long by 4" wide; lined, feels like rayon or rayon/acetate. ($6)
hi,
i will take the parrot and the mexican man please!!!

DamianM

Vendor
i wanted the parrot!. Okay I want the middle 30s one. it looks pretty sweet, how about tomorrow at the Set shop ill be there

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Now for some solid hand-painted neckties from the Bold Look era:

(l to r): First off is a somewhat Surrealistic, connected-rings motif cravat. Colors are in various shades of brown and yellow, along with two rings which are iron gray. 51" long by 4" wide; feels like rayon/acetate. ($7)

Next is a great horserace-theme example, showing the jockeys rounding the bend in a painted accents forest, with bluish-tinged mountains in the background. 48" long by 4" wide; floral brocade, feels like rayon. ($8)

Last is one of the best Arabian Nights theme ties I've seen, from Creveling of California. The onion-domed palace on desert dunes is the focal point, but the foreground contains some striking flora; yellow and brown are the dominant colors. Tie measures 51" in length by 41/2" in width. A real beauty, it feels like acetate. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The last two for this batch:

First off is a smart Countess Mara racetrack-themed necktie, originally sold by Stix, Baer, and Fuller Men's Store. It has a deep maroon background, feels like silk, and measures 52" long by 3" wide. ($8)

Second is a colorful Signet tie, originally sold by Carson Pirie Scott & Co.-The Men's Store. Background is gray, with yellow, beige, and maroon background. Measures 47" long by a whopping 43/4" wide; feels like rayon. ($7)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ