Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WiDEBRIM'S TIES FOR 2014: Fourth Batch

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here are some more neckties for your perusal. Unless otherwise indicated, ties are in at least very good condition; shipping is not included in prices. Let's start off with a group of lined, hand-painted specimens from the vault:

(l to r)- First is a deep orange tie festooned with some lovely butterflies and leaves, "Made and styled in California for Penney's." Motifs are done with paint, glitter, and coralite (grounded sand), and are in hues of yellow, red, green and light beige. Measures 50" by 33/4"; feels like acetate. ($7)

Next up is a dark brown Regal Cravat, again with motifs done with paint, coralite, and glitter. Tie was sold by Smith-Bridgman's of Flint, MI, and its motifs are in varying shades of yellow, orange, light blue, green, and gold. Feels like acetate, and measures 54" by 31/4". ($7)

The last offering of this group is a deep maroon specimen featuring minimalist butterflies. Motifs are done with paint, and are in shades of dark gold, off-white, and orange. No labels, feels like rayon/acetate, and measures 52" by 31/2. ($6)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
All right, here come the hand-painteds!

(l to r) We begin with a very colorful leaf tie originally from Ewart's in Southern California. Tie is in near mint condition, and features a bright yellow background with leaves in deep red and lime green. Inside of front blade has stamp which reads "individually Hand Painted." Measures 54" by 41/2; feels like acetate and is lined. ($7)

Next up is a brush-stroked necktie from Windsor of California (where else?). Tie has features various hues of purple/violet, and measures 52" by 41/2. Feels like acetate or rayon/acetate, and is lined. ($6)

Lastly is a beauty from my private collection which I am now ready to part with. It is labeled "Individually Hand Painted and Made in California" printed over a graphic of a palette. Tie features a background of yellow and burnt orange, with motifs of purple, yellow, and burnt brownish-orange. Measures 52" by 31/2", and feels like rayon/acetate. There is a little deterioration on the lining in back of the front blade, but this of course does not show when wearing. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here are the last three of this batch:

(l to r) We start off with a lovely nautical-themed tie from Wembley, replete with yachts, ship prows, clouds, and birds, along with a great vertical swirl of curves, circles and more birds. Background is dark maroon with brocade, and motif colors include maroon, light blue, off-white, and copper(?). Feels like rayon/acetate, and measures 52" by 4"; a couple of "pinholes" hidden in vertical swirl. ($8)

Next is a Pilgrim Cravat featuring a graceful flamingo relaxing in shallow water, getting shade from a nearby palm tree. Background is brown, with blue and gold motifs. Measures 52" by 4", acetate; has a pinhole on the side and one on the back of the front blade. ($7)

Last is a beautiful knot-planned representative of the Bold Look Era, measuring 48" by 5" (wide!). Feel likes rayon (soft), it features a burnished background, with a red knot-area, and with motifs of yellow, red, and off-white. No labels. ($8)

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
hi lee ,I am away in the wilds of china with no internet from tomorrow night until 13th july so if you want me to pay before I go ,please le t me know the total inc post and i will paypal it before I go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana