wierd styles

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Dr. Shocker, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Dr. Shocker

Dr. Shocker One of the Regulars

ok this idea came to me and I was wondering what some of your thoughts on it.......now we all have our own unique style especially considering todays fashion or should I say lack there of.....but what fashion styles do you dig that arn't neccesarly vintage (or could be) that are a bit out of the norm......couple example of mine

Slacks, bracers, and a tshirt - I always dug this look, even more with wife beater but I don't have the body for that

slacks, tshirt (grey for me), and nice vest - for me it is my dressing down

slacks and a turtle neck - ala old beatnick pix kinda like Fred in Funny face without the beret.....just can't pull those hats off

2. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

Dungarees, suspenders, flannel or denim shirt, work boots, 8 1/4 cap ...
    Everyday, all day long.......

3. Mycroft

Mycroft One Too Many

Rugby jerseys (the real ones, not the preppy ones) and soccer one too. Hmm, the White Oxford shirts and dark suits sans ties.

4. Mr. Rover

Mr. Rover One Too Many

Not really unique, but:
    Oxford shirt, tie, slacks, brown shoes, and a leather bomber jacket. Top with newsie cap or fedora.

5. Zach R.

Zach R. Practically Family

6. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

Summer: sport coat, t-shirt, jeans and white bucks.

Winter: black turtleneck, blazer and long dark overcoat.

7. Mycroft

Mycroft One Too Many

8. Marty M.

Marty M. Vendor

Biltmore Bob,
    No wonder you have such well thought out posts, you wear a 8 1/4 cap. Brain power all the way. On serious side, thank you for your service in the Armed Forces and on the street. It's guy's like you that helped shape this country into the thing of beauty that she is.

Marty

9. Alan Eardley

Alan Eardley One Too Many

Preferred garb

Occasionally I like to do the medieval look - chain mail, tunic, cloak, hauberk, grieves, jambes...hand-and-a-half sword - you know, the 14th Century re-enactment thing. It's a great look. And people keep away from you on 'buses. That's nice.

10. jkath

jkath New in Town

I nearly spit my coffee on the keyboard with that one - thanks for the wonderful visual! lol

My style is generally to add jewelry to whatever I'm wearing, even if it's my bootcut jeans with a lite sweater. Often it's rhinestones or pearls from the 50s. Doing this gives a more thought out look, and to quote one of my favorite sayings, "Always dress as though you are going somewhere better later."

11. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

No sweat...

Semper Fi...

12. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

Seriously?

Huh? :cool:

13. Mycroft

Mycroft One Too Many

The ones I posted above are what I wear. The Preppy ones are the ones that Ralph Lauren and Gap make, with the stripes.

14. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

Mycroft?

Are those 'Canterbury' Rugby Jersies still actually made in NZ Mycroft..?

I was-

B
    T

15. Yeah, rather annoying ain't it? My school team had red and white stripes. We looked like a whole bunch of Waldo's (Wally's) running around the field. And now to compound it, everyone (on campus) wears that style.

So far as i know, Canterbury still makes their stuff in NZ. Wont be long before they export their manufacturing plants to China, if they haven't already.

bk

16. Mycroft

Mycroft One Too Many

I will check the tags when I get home from work. HAve you all seen the new NZ team (I think they are the All-Blacks ones) they are classic I saw them in an English GQ?