Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's leather jackets

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hi all,

So, being a lounger and quality leather jacket owner i cannot help but notice that the offering for women is very small!
Aero, Alexander, Lewis Leathers, Eastman, Bill Kelso, neither of them, really have anything that is aimed towards women.

I was looking around the internet, and it seems there isn't anything available that isn't described as "super soft nappa leather" and doesn't look like it is made of paper thin lambskin.

Does anyone know if there are nice quality women's jacket made of decent quality midweight leather available somewhere?

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
yeah, i saw that, but that's one model, and it's not super exciting considering what is offered to men!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Bill Kelso made a women's Duke a while ago. I believe there are some photos of it on their facebook page. I know Aero have some women's styles, and you could get a totally custom one from Johnson Leathers.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Considering most women's leather jackets for the past few years have been variations of the Perfecto i find it weird that none of the usual manufacturers have tried making one!

Are women not interested in quality leather like we are?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Considering most women's leather jackets for the past few years have been variations of the Perfecto i find it weird that none of the usual manufacturers have tried making one!

I don't think they are. It might be a box that has yet to be opened. But the thing I've always admired about women is the versatility in which they can look good in almost any kind of jacket! Motorcycle Mondays and flight jacket Fridays!

Last edited:

Fashion comes first. As long as the garment looks the part, it'll do. Why invest this much money into something you won't wear by next year, anyway. Although yeah, I've been thinking about the same thing. Women are wearing Perfecto styled jackets almost exclusively nowadays, I'm surprised that only fashion brands are taking advantage of this. Schott's got some great looking jackets for women, though, and that build your own jacket thing they had going on for a while was pretty sweet, too.

I'm with Nick on this, though... Women tend to look great in just about anything they put on, and I find girls wearing man's motorcycle jacket extremely cool looking. I mean...
tritones%2Bgirl.jpg

My lady was (is...) a rock/**** girl and wore an old beat up men's Perfecto, approx. 11 sizes too large for her, yet she was pulling off the look perfectly.

Though Sears always had women's MC jackets, true?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think they need to make women's jacket with some kind of expansion panel on the bust area otherwise it is just a tamed down men's jacket in smaller sizes.

lol they do take the curves into consideration with ladies jackets. Often there are two seams at the bust area but I can't figure out what's the purpose behind that...

Joan Jett knew how to rock a Perfecto
runaways-joan-jett-leather-jacket.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Lewis, under all their labels, have always done jackets for women, and plenty of modern, dedicated motorcycle jackets are made for the ladies. The difficulty for very fitted patterns like Aero's prewar jackets is getting the cut right; whereas men's bodyshaps don't vary hugely, women even of the samexnominal size can be very different one to the next, owing to variations in bust size, waist to hip ratio, and all sorts. Simply much harder to get right without going m2m.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
lol they do take the curves into consideration with ladies jackets. Often there are two seams at the bust area but I can't figure out what's the purpose behind that...

Joan Jett knew how to rock a Perfecto
runaways-joan-jett-leather-jacket.jpg

Joan Jett frightens me.
I still see Debbie Harry wearing that black bin liner from the Atomic video in my dreams sometimes.

My wife has some designer leather jackets from Vivienne Westwood and stuff, and they must have cost more than the jackets I buy. I think she looks for completely different things in a leather jacket than I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko