Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worth and Worth Hat Co. moving locations

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
While I don't live in New York, I'd thought I'd alert our fellow NY loungers, and anybody who'd be interested, that the Worth and Worth Hat Co. is moving locations. Currently only doing mail-orders, the store will have a presence open to the public at 45-47 W. 57th Street in NYC.

A link to the news article: http://www.nysun.com/article/41702
It's a nice article on the history of the company. I like the grand opening flyer the owner made, which states "57th Street's now got its head on straight".

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
A New York Story

It was in the early 90's at the old W&W store on Madison(43rd) that I witnessed a classic New York moment. It was a chilly Fall day and I was perusing the W&W stock when a hatless fellow in his 30's walked in the store and asked to try on the cashmere BB style caps. He made his selection rather quickly and was out the door within five minutes.

Less than a minute later, the fellow returned to the store in an agitated state and said," I need to buy another cap, exactly like the one you just sold to me". It seems that as he was standing on the corner waiting to cross Madison, a bike messenger sped by and snatched the brand new cap right off his head. I love New York.:p

Though I wasn't really in the market for a cashmere BB hat, I did walk out of W&W with a couple of them that day.[huh]

Shoes007-1.jpg

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
It was in the early 90's at the old W&W store on Madison(43rd) that I witnessed a classic New York moment. It was a chilly Fall day and I was perusing the W&W stock when a hatless fellow in his 30's walked in the store and asked to try on the cashmere BB style caps. He made his selection rather quickly and was out the door within five minutes.

Less than a minute later, the fellow returned to the store in an agitated state and said," I need to buy another cap, exactly like the one you just sold to me". It seems that as he was standing on the corner waiting to cross Madison, a bike messenger sped by and snatched the brand new cap right off his head. I love New York.:p

Though I wasn't really in the market for a cashmere BB hat, I did walk out of W&W with a couple of them that day.[huh]

Shoes007-1.jpg

Take off the button at the peak of the six panel joining seam and they look like charcoal grey cashmere versions of the early Vietnam era Army fatigue caps with that double line brim strengthening stitch.

dean

nulty

One of the Regulars
What are they like

Worth and Worth hats I mean.....I've been looking at that site for awhile and the copy about the factory in Italy sounds great. I don't know anyone who's had one of the felts though...are they as nice as they sound....?

metropd

One Too Many
I don't know why many lounge members don't care for worth and worth felts but the one I ordered about 2 years ago was soft and luxurious and I definetlly got every penny if not more. If I remember it was the prescot the only reason I sent it back was I didn't realize I wanted a 2 3/4 brim not a 2 1/2 which is completely my fault. But the felt was very nice.:eusa_clap

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Worth & Worth

Worth & Worth was THE hat store in New York for many years . The store was on Madison ave and carried a large selection of Borsaliino ansd Cavanaugh hats . Todays version is nothing like the past . What the store carries is Cervo and Guerra hats which are decent hats but not the greatest quality . I was in the original store the day it closed and was sad to see it go .

Steven
:eek:

nulty

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input. Their marketing makes them had to resist. For the $$ a few of the models seem like they might be worth trying...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points