Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would some of you join me...?

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
In raising a glass to my father?

He passed away last week after a period of illness. Had his funeral on Friday.

Miss him loads but now possess some very nice hand tools & some rather wonderful ties & waistcoats.

So, if you don't mind... To Robert, to Roy, to Dad.

Rest easy.

31 Model A

A-List Customer
You're not alone...I wish I had spent more time with mine. When any dad can leave a warm and lost feeling after they pass, it means they were who they were suppose to be to a son...a 'Dad'.

My condolences to you and your family. It always saddens me to hear of such personal losses. Cherish your dad, always, in your memory. And cherish those tools. I often use my dad's tools, his welders, and other things. I also use many tools that belonged to my mother's father. It is like working with them, still.
Salute!
W2

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A toast to your Dad! It has been 12 years since my Dad passed away. One bit of solace, in the coming years you will be looking at some innocuous item, and suddenly you will have a great memory flash back, it will put a smile on your face. I have had quite a few while renovating my house. From the electrical, to the cat, all would have had my Dad laughing!

robrinay

One Too Many
Condolences and empathy to you and yours. My dad (Roy) passed away Christmas 2003. A couple of weeks ago my mum tidied his wardrobe and found an unopened bottle of Blair Athol 8 year old single malt. Here's a toast with it to your dad and mine for supplying the water of life.
Cheers
Robert

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Salute' Robert
I too salute Robert. The loss of your Father is life changing and the pain is always there. But keep him in your heart, cherish him and his love will sustain you. On my desk is a photo of a young soldier, about to leave to fight in WW2. He is just 21. He survived that conflict and went on to live until he was 92. But he will never be that old man to me. Dad is forever that 21 year old soldier.
My condolences to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana