Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you put THIS next to your eyes?

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Eeek! I guess some people would consider a lash curler more menacing, but I would still be hesitant to get near my cornea with this!

p218317herozz8.jpg

Sephora

lizylou

Familiar Face
is it going to spead a spore into my eyes and tunnel into my brain? it's very interesting looking.[huh]

texasgirl

One Too Many
I was just reading Allure, Nov 08- and it has some new high-tech mascara reviews and this was one of them. They agree that it looks like a medieval torture device-lol. They report the shape makes it easier to reach inner lashes, but loaded so much mascara on the lashes that it instantly clumped and smudged. If you "whiff" just one coat across the tips, the lashes were fuller with much less clumping. Hmm, for $27 , I think I'll stick with my Maybelline Great Lash :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Having been one of those gals who "stabbed" myself numerous times with a typical mascara wand, that thing looks to me like a medieval torture instrument.

karol

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I would try it for sure, I like the thought of covering each lash individually, as mine tend to clump together with regular mascara and I have to go and separate each one individually with a toothpick afterwards.

It seems like something you just have to learn to use, but the same thing goes for a regular mascara. I remember when I started using mascara, there was a lot of eye-poking going on for sure. :)

I'm actually thinking it'd be good for creating thick 30's spider-eyelashes.

This girl made a really good close-up video of how it can be used:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxafMxvhvno

androidpop

New in Town
:eek:fftopic: a little-

my favorite mascara is maybelline great lash blackest black with the curved brush. I have tried lancome, benefit, mac, loreal, cover girl- the list goes on, but that is the BEST mascara ever made, so says i. hehe! ;) i have short eyelashes and this lengthens without clumping, i also found that if you wipe the wand off before applying clumps aren't as bad. I do makeup professionally and this stuff is good on any type of lash- just wanted to put that out there if any of you are having trouble with mascara!

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
It looks like just a gimmick, but who knows, maybe it does work.
I'm personally just fine with my cheap drug-store mascara and see no reason to buy designer makeup just to try out a spiky brush.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
eep! I am always on the prowl for a good mascara (as most of us are!), but that thing just looks like a waste of money. I love the dramatic look on the eyes but I'd much rather use my spoon curler, and black mascara (currently the besame 1930's which I'm totally loving).

after watching that video link posted by Laura Chase, it doesn't seem like the product is worth the money.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Seems like too much trouble. Most mascara brushes are too long and full for my needs anyway. The ones that are curved are either too long too or lose their shape after a while, no matter how carefully I wiggle them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points