Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wow... cool compliment.

driven_247

New in Town
I bought a vintage (I think) straw hat a couple months ago from the bay. I loved it from the fist time I put it on my head, and now it goes virtually everywhere with me.

I was just in the bathroom at work and a guy asked: 'aren't you the one with that short brimmed straw hat?' I said yes, and he said he had one like it 30yrs ago and he thought it was cool then, and he thinks it's cool now. :) He said he has a couple Panamas now.

I just thought it was cool to receive the compliment from a stranger when I wasn't even wearing it! A lot of people comment on it when I wear it, but with all the 'nice hat' comments, I can never really be sure if they're being sincere. (Don't really care either :D )... I still love it!

Just thought I'd share. :D

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
RedPop4 said:
Very nice comment, indeed.
I don't trust it, he broke the man code. He talked in the bathroom.:eek:fftopic: lol lol :eek:

The code applies only when standing at a urinal or when in a stall. Other sections of the restroom are key areas for male discussion of attire and tactics.

If you need some input I'll be standing by the sink.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Yeah. Talking to a fellow man while taking a whizz seems very awkward, to say the least. :)

It's nice that you get such good compliments. I only get weird stares. ;)

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
never look over at a guy and ask him if he takes after his mother or father....bad timing...bad timing...:rage:

mark the shoeshine boy

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Three cheers for equal time!!

...the ladies have their chats about girdles and corsets and bras (oh, my!); we have our discussions about proper bathroom etiquette. I wonder how many of our fairer members will peek in here to read this one!! lol

Story

I'll Lock Up
[Sign at eye level] Don't look here. The joke is in your hands [/Sign at eye level]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran