Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB 1960's OD WOOL KNIT SET

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Friends, I have a nice mid 60's flight jacket that needs some tlc. If anyone can sell me or point me to the proper location where I can find good quality wool knit set (waistband and cuff) would truly appreciate it!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Friends, I have a nice mid 60's flight jacket that needs some tlc. If anyone can sell me or point me to the proper location where I can find good quality wool knit set (waistband and cuff) would truly appreciate it!
This could almost warrant its own thread. I'd be interested as well in the knits info. I have found them from time to time but they aren't like NOS or anything. Besides Dena and Johnson Leather, there are a couple of tailors that seem to specialize in flight jacket repairs and the knits are the main repair for these jackets. So I saw that they had different colors of knits etc. on their site that you could choose from.

I think its the same with Dena and Johnson. I have also seen knits on the Mash site I think. Were you going to do these yourself???

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hi thanks for the info. I have looked in all the usual places (Mash and others). I my self have a supply of about 10 sets of wool knit sets for A-2 and G-1 type that I have collected over the years. I was hoping some one had a OD set they can sell or trade? I know there are some "packers" like me who might have just the knits I am looking for. LOL.
There is a manufacturer who has some at hand. I do like them but they are not made out of wool. I might reach out to them if I can not locate what I am looking for?
I will be doing the sewing for this beauty.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Hi thanks for the info. I have looked in all the usual places (Mash and others). I my self have a supply of about 10 sets of wool knit sets for A-2 and G-1 type that I have collected over the years. I was hoping some one had a OD set they can sell or trade? I know there are some "packers" like me who might have just the knits I am looking for. LOL.
There is a manufacturer who has some at hand. I do like them but they are not made out of wool. I might reach out to them if I can not locate what I am looking for?
I will be doing the sewing for this beauty.

I figured if anyone had them, it would actually be you!!! Lol...... You know what you're doin!!! I know you have done a lot of your own work. Maybe post a before and after if you have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21