Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Aero Highwayman or half belt Size 44

Desert Rider

One of the Regulars
WTB - Aero Highwayman or possibly short half belt in Brown/Cordovan/Black (Size 44). Please post a reply to this thread if you have any Aero jacket Size 44 for sale.

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
WTB - Aero Highwayman or possibly short half belt in Brown/Cordovan/Black (Size 44). Please post a reply to this thread if you have any Aero jacket Size 44 for sale.
Have you checked the sale/used/vintage section of the Aero website - last time I checked they had a few sz44 Highwayman coats listed for sale

Desert Rider

One of the Regulars
Horsehide,

Thanks. Yes, I have been watching this website, but I am leaning towards a brown jacket and non are available at present. I am 50 years old, medium build, 5'11", 185 lbs, 36" waist, 43-44" chest. I am a waffling between a highwayman or half belt. I had a Lost World horsehide jacket, similar to the half belt, and I am leaning towards that style. However, at my age do you think the highwayman style is more appropriate.

Also, I just went an had my measurements taken. I am a 44 regular. Does aero sizing run fairly accurate?

Storm Rider

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
IMO Aero "sizing" runs a bit big (I put "sizing" in quotation marks because they produce a large number of custom jobs). You also have to be aware of variations with different coats - I am a 40 in the Highwayman and the Bootlegger but I prefer the fit of a 42 in the Cafe Racer.

I'm in no position to say what's an appropriate style for someone else but I will say if you're like me it won't matter - the first Aero you buy won't be your last!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy