Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Aero Highwayman or Half Belt

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Well, after years of salivating over beautiful Aero jackets I think I'm finally ready to plunge in and buy my first. A new one is right out for me, price-wise, so I'm hoping to find one through the Lounge network. My preference would be for a Highwayman but I'd certainly look at a Half Belt. The Highwayman seems like the perfect stylistic fit for me - the ideal jacket in many ways.

Size-wise, if it's stock probably a 42 is best - I'm about 5'11". 175 - but I'd look at a 40 or 44. I know I'm in a beggars can't be choosers situation looking for an Aero in my price range so I can be flexible on the details - FQH or steerhide, color, condition (though obviously, on that score hopefully I won't have to compromise too much).

I'm in the U.S., but open to an international seller if you're open to international shipping. Thanks in advance!

Dan

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dan have you read up about sizing? I'm about the same height and size as you and can tell you a size 42 Highwayman would be HUGE on me.

Might be better to list the measurements of a jacket that fits you well and get people to match that to what they have.

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Dan have you read up about sizing? I'm about the same height and size as you and can tell you a size 42 Highwayman would be HUGE on me.

Might be better to list the measurements of a jacket that fits you well and get people to match that to what they have.

Thanks for the reply. I have, and I thought I was in the ballpark with 42 - but the truth is, most of what I have has been in the military repro area (A-1, A-2 etc.) and I find myself between a stock 40 and 42. I know this style is going to fit differently but I don't have any purchase experience to draw on. What do you wear - a 38 or a 40, or do you go custom?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I found the highwayman style didn't really suit me as a pretty thin guy, it's just too baggy around the waist. Even if you went for a 38, it's boxy cut and suits guys with a more generous waist size.

The half belt is a better cut for slimmer guys imo. Go for a 40 in that style imo but still, measure an existing jacket (doesn't have to be leather) and get an idea for what measurements fit you well.

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
I should also add that if someone has an Aero of another design with a bit of mileage (a Bootlegger, say - what a beautiful jacket) I'd certainly be open to considering it.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
AL Halfbelt in Bison. 19" Shoulder, Pit 24", Back Length 26", Sleeve 26"

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 107
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 110
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg