Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Aero Waterfront Wool jacket

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Looking for an Aero Waterfront jacket, preferably in the green and black colours. Size 42 or (possibly) 44..... with long arms!

A long shot, I know, but hope springs eternal!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Sounds like a cool jacket. I've never seen one, but this makes me a litle more curious. Are these models typically lined?

Edward

Bartender
Lined in cotton drill as standard, though obviously with the usual options from Aero if requested. They were made in green for a number of years until colour pictures of the Brando original came to light and it turned out to be red. Aero now make it in red as standard - though as they use what looks to be the green wool in some of their wool/ leather mix jackets, it might well still be possible to have one made custom in the green. I have a green one myself; want a red one in future. Tempted to buy another green one with a shearling liner, though.... I do actually somewhat prefer the green.

I’d like one like this:
3C0035D4-D3BC-4FBA-901A-B701A2E1DB72.jpeg

You should order one, ton! We're about the same size..... and so I'll watch the classifieds a few months after you receive it! ;)
I’ve been tempted. Would line in nylon quilt. I’m sure Aero wouldn’t do it but I’d like to swap the cuffs to a false cuff (like a hwm) in black jerky, with storm cuffs.

Nyln quilt would be perfect! Red or black? That cuff option would be.... robust!
I would go with iridescent red. Yeah the cuff would be a game changer. I just know Aero will poo poo it so I’ve never even considered asking. Tbh I’d also like a leather waistband over the knits with a HWM style buckle, but now I’ve said too much.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
That is a FANTASTIC jacket! I have to ask--how would you clean the wool part? I assume regular dry cleaning wouldn't work because of the leather? Or would you just let it wear its marks of life proudly?

That is a FANTASTIC jacket! I have to ask--how would you clean the wool part? I assume regular dry cleaning wouldn't work because of the leather? Or would you just let it wear its marks of life proudly?
I wouldn’t bother with a cleaning unless I spilled something on it or it might otherwise stain, in which case it would be a spot cleaning at the most. This wool really is superb. I’ll wear this all winter no doubt and be snug as a bug in a rug. For a true winter jacket it’s absolutely worth the coin.

Dessy10

New in Town
Stunning Jacket ton312. Perfect ratio of leather to wool. On AERO site at the mo. but looks like I've lucked out on that particular style. The new wool/leather mix has too much leather on it for my taste but will keep an eye out for that design you have there. Want one SO much now

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko