WTB: Blackened Conmar zipper for early G1 jacket

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Royalcrown32, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Royalcrown32

Royalcrown32 One of the Regulars

I recently bought a 1950's G1 flight jacket made by California Sportswear but the zipper is broken and missing its puller. Does anyone have a spare (blackened or alloy) Conmar zipper for sale?

Thanks, Richard

2. Royalcrown32

No one?

3. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Richard,
    I seem to remember that Mash in Japan had these for sale but a quick Google search turned up nothing.
    You might want to reach out to Stuart at Lost Worlds and see if he has one available or if he might know how to get one. I did not see them on his website for sale but he does carry a pretty wide selection of A2 and G1 jacket parts.
    Good luck!

4. Just Jim

Just Jim A-List Customer

There are almost certainly a few floating around (I've got several footlockers of milsurp zippers, and I'm not alone in having a sizable "stash"), but without knowing the size and length (and maybe tape color), no one can really help you.

5. Royalcrown32

56AB644E-C502-4456-986D-6A1016C1EB44.jpeg 24636B73-A31F-4F3A-A380-CAB27C552056.jpeg 030A3AD7-BA59-4A9E-B231-DB89FF09A526.jpeg Thanks for the input guys. I need a, I think what you call, size 5 Conmar and about 23" long. See additional pictures. This zipper was used in almost all 55J14 and AER G1 jackets.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  6. ykurtz

ykurtz One of the Regulars

I'm in your exact same situation. Did you ever secure a zipper? If so, can you share the source?

7. Royalcrown32

I bought a bunch of blackened Conmar zipper pullers. But I don't have any tracks or complete zippers.

8. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

That is such a nice jacket. Love the Californian G-1 Good luck with your project.