Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Shabby 7 1/2 fedora

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
Curious to see if anybody has a trashed but wearable (no holes or stains ok with some moth holes) 30s or 40s fedora in need of a restoration for sale. Let me know. I'm looking to refurbish it myself but I don't want one that's in TOO bad a condition.

I too am a 7 3/8 to 7 1/2 and had difficulty finding a vintage hat in my size cheap enough to experiment with. As an alternative I purchased 6 7/8 vintage beaters for reasonable prices and learned refurbishing on them. Granted it is not as satisfying as having a finished product that will fit you but it scratched the itch to learn the art of refurbishing. The other fun thing is to travel the western hat conversion route. Lots of inexpensive beater westerns out there.

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
I too am a 7 3/8 to 7 1/2 and had difficulty finding a vintage hat in my size cheap enough to experiment with. As an alternative I purchased 6 7/8 vintage beaters for reasonable prices and learned refurbishing on them. Granted it is not as satisfying as having a finished product that will fit you but it scratched the itch to learn the art of refurbishing. The other fun thing is to travel the western hat conversion route. Lots of inexpensive beater westerns out there.
No, you don't understand; I'm looking for a beater to refurbish to wear. I figure a beater would be far less expensive pristine hat of the same size, and I can do the work myself, so I'll be spending far less.

NewJack

Practically Family
Here's something you may be interested in. Perfect blank slate for your endeavor...

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 216
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 189
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 187
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg