WTB: Silk Blood Chit - Flying Tigers / AVG / CBI

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Cheuk-Yin To, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Cheuk-Yin To

Cheuk-Yin To New in Town

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a WWII-era CBI blood chit, preferably silk with linen backing and visibly aged, to be sewn onto the back of my M-1941 jacket.

Attached is an example of what I'm looking for. I'm flexible, so please feel free to get in touch with anything you have to offer.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Try Sean Collins. He makes, arguably, the most authentic leather Blood Chits... He may do silk also. try him. Will PM you his contact details, but you can find his stuff on FB and Ebay.

3. Cheuk-Yin To

Cheuk-Yin To New in Town

Thank you for the suggestion Brett, I’ve seen Sean’s work around, beautiful stuff. I should have noted that I’m looking for an authentic vintage piece, though. It just doesn’t feel right to me stitching a repro piece onto an original jacket.

tweedydon likes this.
  4. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Right you are, I did not read that correctly. Absolutely.... only an original will do. I have seen them occasionally on some military auctions.

tweedydon likes this.
  5. Roninja

Roninja New in Town

An original is very hard to find. They occasionally turn up (usually in bad condition) for about $1000 and up. However, beware of fakes made by Mainland China. They're everywhere.