WTB, Vintage style drinking glasses

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by redhawks2, Jun 13, 2017.

  1. redhawks2

    redhawks2 One of the Regulars

    Long Beach, CA
    Looking for some glasses that are like an old fashioned glass with straight sides but will have a raised area about 3/4 way up the glass, presumably to help keep the glass from slipping in ones hand. These were commonly used as water glasses in restaurants, cafes and diners back in the day. Today I saw Jeff Sessions drinking from these style glasses during his testimony.
    Thanks for any info!
  2. vitanola

    vitanola I'll Lock Up

    Gopher Prairie, MI
    You describe the "Single Bulge Tumbler", formerly made by Anchor Hocking. This style of drinking glass was the first made entirely on automatic machinery.

    10 oz bulge tumbler.jpg

    The single bulge tumbler series has been discontinued. Anchor Hocking only continues production of the "Double Bulge" series of glassware


    Dean restaurant supply should have these items. As I recall they are around $50 for a half gross.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.