WTS - Flightsuits's (G&B) Indy Expedition Jacket in Horsehide sz 48R

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by foxfyre841, May 18, 2018.

1. foxfyre841

foxfyre841 New in Town

Hey all! I bought this from the 'bay a year or two ago hoping it would fit and have hung onto it hoping that slimming down would get it closer to the right fit but it's just too short to make it work for me. I normally wear a size 50R trim/modern fit (Jos A Bank) suit but have dipped into 48L on occasion. If you wear a 48R or 50S this would be a great jacket for you.

No scratches, holes, or loose threads: the horsehide is thick but smooth with a heavy coating to it (E.g. it's not drum / aniline dyed). Thickness/hardness could mean it's oak/veg tanned but I can't tell. It's in dark brown, not seal brown. I tried taking pictures in various lights to show the color.

400 shipped in the continental USA.

Though I would absolutely trade for a sz 48L or 50R G&B/Flightsuits Indy Jacket in Goat or HH. Or a size 50R USAuthentic G-8.

IMG_5449.JPG Jacket.JPG
    Jacket4.JPG Jacket3.JPG jacket2.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG IMG_5451.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Alphahunter

Alphahunter Familiar Face

Can you give the sleeve (shoulder to cuff) and back length measurements? Thanks

3. Darkjedi007

Darkjedi007 New in Town

Hey Fox. Is the jacket still available? If so, can you get us some measurements? Looking for pit to pit, back length, and sleeve length. Thank you for your help with this.

4. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Wow - that's a historic jacket an early version of the Indy pattern with much different pockets - nice. No longer in production by G&B this or any pattern. I'm assuming you tried COW to sell this?

5. Alphahunter

What’s COW?

6. foxfyre841

foxfyre841 New in Town

Hey all! I haven't tried COW mostly because you need to have a number of posts there to prove involvement with the community before you can access their classifieds. So just before I left on vacation I did get some of the seam to seam measurements you're looking for. Unfortunately not the chest measurement (i wear a size 50 jacket and can still zip it up).
    End of arm to Shoulder seam: 23.75"
    Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 22.5"
    Collar seam down to end of back: 24.5"

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  7. Alphahunter

Thank you. I’m afraid it may be too short for me. I love the jacket and price.

8. Darkjedi007

Darkjedi007 New in Town

Thanks for the info. It’s a beautiful jacket! Unfortunately the sizing won’t work for me. I’m really looking for a G&B Expedition size 50R. Best of luck!

9. RJR

RJR

What is the pit to pit measurement?Thanks.

10. Darkjedi007

Darkjedi007 New in Town

11. foxfyre841

foxfyre841 New in Town

WOOf.. okay this kinda fell off the bucket list. It's been hanging in the back of a guest room closet ever since; out of sight = out of mind.
    Thanks for the link on measurements: according to those methods:
    pit to pit = 28.5
    Shoulder width = 22
    arm length = 24
    back length =24.5

I'll update the main description as soon as i figure out how!

12. regius

regius One Too Many

A rare collectors items for sure. Old label, horse, large size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Rhino

Rhino New in Town

Foxyfyre841, is this still available? Do you have any pictures wearing it. Very interested. I'm 5'10, 230 and usually wear 48R suits/coats. Thanks!

14. foxfyre841

foxfyre841 New in Town

Hi! Yes this actually is still available!