Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTT Akubras Taupe Fawn Campdraft size 59

Spudman

One of the Regulars
I have two Campdrafts and a Stratoliner. I know some of you collect every color but since I got the Strat I was thinking about trading my Taupe Fawn CD size 59 for a style different from the Open Road/CD/Strat look. I normally wear a 58, which is the size of my SBCD. I've only tried on the 59 and at present it needs felt in the liner to fit me. It is a new hat and hasn't been worn besides trying it on.

I'm interested in the Fed IV, Adventurer, Stylemaster, maybe a fawn Banjo, in a size 58 or 59. If anyone wants to see what the fuss is about with a Campdraft, or already knows and wants one in taupe fawn, let me know.

I'm not interested in selling. If no one wants to trade I'm happy keeping this wonderful hat. I thought I would make the inquiry while the hat is new.

foamy

A-List Customer
Hi Spudman, if you do end up keeping it—wet the sweat band from the back and place it over a lit lamp (shade) to dry. You'll find that it shrinks nicely. My CD's were "down-sized" from 59 to 58 in this fashion. They're cured (the sweatbands) differently than Stetsons.

Spudman

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Foamy! I'd heard of some similar methods and that was one of the reasons I got a 59. I'm more concerned about keeping the 58 a 58.:p

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Thanks, Foamy! I'd heard of some similar methods and that was one of the reasons I got a 59. I'm more concerned about keeping the 58 a 58.:p

You'll want to store it on a hat jack if you don't wear it often, or you may have to stretch it overnight before wearing.

Spudman

One of the Regulars
f08644cfb2c8091bf4d604e79117ced1.jpg
455705ca15d31fef68f00ee3c9b18e00.jpg

Pics of the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudman

One of the Regulars
I'll bump it one time. If you have other trade offers or want to sell one of the hats I mentioned, please shoot me a message.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hello Spudman, If you still have the Akubra to trade, I have this vintage Knox Twenty with Cavanaugh edge in 7 1/4 with 2 1/2 inch brim that I don't want to stretch and just can't wear. Happy to send more pics if you're interested.

Attachments

• Knox Twenty 005.jpg
    Knox Twenty 005.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 139

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters