Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wunderbar 1930s German Suit -- will go for a high price

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
...went for $350 or £220. not a bad price but not crazy.

£220 has been the standard high (but not crazy) price for a vintage suit in the UK for quite a while now. i bought my favourite suit from a shop for exactly that price back in 2002/3.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
...went for $350 or £220. not a bad price but not crazy.

£220 has been the standard high (but not crazy) price for a vintage suit in the UK for quite a while now. i bought my favourite suit from a shop for exactly that price back in 2002/3.

I find it curious that suit (and general vintage prices) have remained relatively static for so long. I used to look at suits that were out of my price range twenty years ago (recently married, young family etc). Now I look at them, in my middle age, and am amazed the prices are virtually the same. I always wonder if it is just that there are so many more 'vintage' dealers/traders that prices have had to become increasingly competitive i.e. the supply (or suppliers) has increased but demand has not risen greatly.
My issue is that, now that i can afford the suits, I have trouble finding the right fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points