Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW II Imp boot question

Jupiter

New in Town
Hi Guys...

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere... does anyone have any experience with the USMC replica boots from "WW II Impressions"? (I don't know how to post photos, but if you scroll almost all the way down the page you'll find the description of the boot and some links to photos).

www.wwiiimpressions.com/usmc.html

from the website:

Shoes, Service, Cordovan, USMC
A welt constructed shoe; with an inside counter pocket, full toe vamp, toe cap with USMC style toe, heavy first quality leather sole board and plain heal. The upper leather is best quality, heavy, Brown, side leather fully chromed and vegetable retanned. The shoe is lined with cotton duck material, and the tongue lined with felting. The stitching on the quarter is very nicely replicated. The heel accurately depicts the USMC Cordovan shoe styling. The tongue is lined with felting. These shoes were used by the USMC from 1910 to 1940, so these would be suitable to used even with WWI Marine Corps impressions.

These boots are made by Corcoran, so they should be good. Also, they cost $170, another indication of quality (I hope...). They look very nice and I really like that this was a style from the 1910 to 1940 time period. Anyone have a pair and willing to report a review of how they fit and how they hold up? If they're good, I'll be wearing these boots every day!

Jupiter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner