Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 Hat conversion (Male to Female Fedora)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
What really broke my heart was what they did to the top hat. There aren't many of those around, and apparently this is part of the reason why.

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
Yeps said:
What really broke my heart was what they did to the top hat. There aren't many of those around, and apparently this is part of the reason why.

Good grief, further proof of the destructive tendencies of the human race, I am ashamed of my English birthrite, sorry and all that. The stupid end results, do not even keep her head warm, what wasteful ideas. Same logic as cutting one of your legs off, in order to save material on trouser manufacturing.....[huh]

cptjeff

Practically Family
Mikey P said:
When "hubby" comes home from the war:

"But that was my favorite hat!!"

Exactly what I was thinking. I guess there probably wasn't much in the way of thrift stores or the culture to go with them, so this might make sense if her husband had been killed in the war, might as well use it. But if he comes back and found that his favorite suits had been destroyed and hats chopped up, somebody would be in a pretty foul mood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24