Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWI fighter ace cap

drjones

A-List Customer
Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find a WWI fighter ace leather cap? Preferably with goggles. Im looking for websites or companies that might be selling them as no antique shop around here seems to have any! SIGH.....the search continues. :)

DRJONES

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Drjones,

In relation specifically to the RFC/RNAS/RAF, although issue helmets were used, very often helmets (as with most flying kit) were private purchase.

Virtually always though these helmets were fur lined and were produced by many manufacturers. Burberry was an especially sort after maker and commonly used.

If you are getting goggles, the most common were the Triplex hinged ones, which were also used long after the war by RAF aviators.

HTH a little.

drjones

A-List Customer
small head?

Nope....no such luck. I wear a XL or size 8....depending on the kind of hat. I guess all that schooling gave me too many brains. LOL!

DRJONES

The Wolf said:
If you have a small head I might be able to help with the leather cap.
Nevermind, this is what I have http://www.aerobuff.com/bg933.jpg and i think it is WWII.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

cookie

I'll Lock Up
drjones said:
Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find a WWI fighter ace leather cap? Preferably with goggles. Im looking for websites or companies that might be selling them as no antique shop around here seems to have any! SIGH.....the search continues. :)

DRJONES

Two Fat Ladies?lol lol :D :D

drjones

A-List Customer
The Wolf said:
Dr Jones, your mailbox is full.
The cap I mentioned is size 6 3/4 and is missing the chin strap.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Thanks. Unfortunately I wear a size 8. SIGH....:)

DRJONES

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy