Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Impressions - A Warning

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Hello,

As it seems like there is nothing that will change the facts at this point, I have decided to write a friendly warning to the members of this forum regarding the company WWII Impressions.

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/

On Thursday, 3rd, 1009 I emailed this company asking if it would be possible to ship a Jeep Cap to me in the UK (where I am/was visiting), and have it arrive before I left on my hiking trip on September 13th.

Within a few hours I received an email from the company stating that if I was to order that day, or Friday, and pay $29 USD in Express Shipping it would give the best chance of arriving on time.

I immediately put in an order for a Jeep Cap and a HBT Cap, along with the $29 shipping feel.

The next day I received an email with an attached receipt, which was wrong, but then received another one shortly with the corrected order. Everything seemed great and so I went about my day.

On Tuesday, September 8th I got an email from USPS stating that they had received a package for shipping. This was a concern to me since the Express Delivery is 1 - 5 days.

I emailed WWII Impressions and voiced my concern in a quick email and asked if they had any advice for me concerning this. I thought perhaps they may have put a 1 - 3 day rush on the order or something considering it was sent out so late, but I heard nothing back.

A day later I got an email from USPS saying that the tracking information had been updated and the guaranteed delivery date would be September 14. Again, I emailed WWII Impressions letting them know this and that I was very concerned now that the package would not get to me in time. Again, I got no reply.

The reason why this was a concern is that I will be leaving the place I am currently staying on Sunday, and then back home after a few weeks of hiking. This means there will be no one here at all to pick up the package....ever.

The date today is Friday, the 11th and I am sitting here waiting for a package I am pretty sure won't show up. It seems as though this will mean I will be out $100 unless I can find some way to get the charges reversed.

I thought I would tell this story as consideration for anyone thinking of buying from this company. As this is my first time dealing with them I can't speak to their normal business practices, but I felt this was quite poor form.

Anyway, have a great weekend people!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
My experience has been that the notifications from the United States Postal Service are rubbish. I've gotten those "received for shipping" emails after receiving the package. And the status page will always show "in transit" for a couple of days after you have it in hand. Just because the USPS said they got it on the 6th, doesn't mean that's when it was shipped by WWI Impressions.

I certainly appreciate your disappointment. I hope it arrives in time!

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
True, True!

Tracking information is usually not very accurate at the best of times, however being that it is 2:18 pm on a Friday, it's likely in this case it's accurate.

Regardless, if the information from USPS was wrong, and WWII Imp actually sent the package on time, then all it would have taken was a reply to at least one of my emails explaining that.

As far as I am concerned the tracking is true. The problem is that once it left the US, there is no more tracking and so who knows where it is, or why.

Again, all it would have taken is proper communication on the part of the company because if they did everything right, then I could be on the horn today figuring out where my hats were, and putting no blame at all on WWII Imp.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Sorry to say this - but experiences has taught me to order anything from US to Europe at least a month before I need it.
USPS is about the worst. And their tracking system sucks.
When you then put the time for our local customs on top....+ 4 days at least :eusa_doh:

I' ve just recieved a package (a DVD) from Canada 4 days after ordering.
It was the wrong DVD - so I needed a refund, and had to send it back. 3
days later I get a mail from the company, where I bought the DVD.
They had recieved the DVD - a made a refund. Presto!
That's how it should be!

Tempting Fate.

One thing I have learned is as the level of Urgency or Extreme Importance goes up it becomes a bigger magnet for accidents, screw ups and unintended interference. If it was me, from my personal experience, I would never have relied on any type of express delivery. The incorrect invoice was the portent of what was coming.:eek:

Live and learn - do your best not to be in a position that you need something urgently by a specific date that becomes a recepie for disaster time and again. To be in the position that something may then arrive after you left almost guarentees that that's what will happen. Murphy's Law in full effect because of the importance and constraints placed on the delivery, it simply draws those confounding accidents.[huh]

You might leave instructions at the place you were staying to refuse the shipment so it goes back to the shipper.

Hoping I am wrong - Good luck!

cco23i

A-List Customer
I feel your pain. I ordered a set of 38 pattern U.S coveralls during thier sale and was informed they were out of my size so they were put on back order. Well after not bugging but checking every 2 to 3 months I was finally notifie almost 2 YEARS after ordering that they would ship. I then was told due to the prices of materials being raised I would have to pay the "new" price of 169.00! well I told them to cancell the order and seems whenever anyone on certain forums elsewhere say anything bad about ww2 impressions the post is deleted! All I know is they lost some major orders from our ground crew group and many of my compadres here in Arizona.

Scott

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I agree with John in Covina-
YOU're* always going to be a lot more optimistic than THEY* are.
I think that if THEY are going to actually offer to help YOU out, in such circumstances, THEY really need to expedite the order ASAP/same day and YOU need to pay for a premium delivery service. That way, everything that YOU and THEY can possibly do has been done. The rest, as they say, is up to Customs and Parcelforce. Good luck with THEM***

I worked in mail order for many years and if someone really, really, absolutely needed something urgently, guaranteed, we would inform them that we would expedite the order immediately and insist that they pay for an o'nite service. Sorts the men from the boys/payers from moaners, too.

* not necessarily you, or them, specifically.

***YES, THOSE.

Not saying you didn't do everything possible.

PS- Parcelforce delivered a parcel addressed to me, to a condemned building in Hackney, London, where there was a large sign; "CONDEMNED"(I did not live there- I did not live in Hackney). They insisted that it had been signed for (by me, who does not live there- nobody lives there). 11 months later, after I had moved to Denmark, it arrived on my doorstep. I was very surprised. The magic of ParcelfArce...

filfoster

One Too Many
WWII Impressions

My quibbles with WWII Impressions are not delivery. I have had enough experience with them to respect their basic honesty but I share your frustration on the 'customer service' end. I have no idea of the extent of their operations, ie, staffing, full-time or part-time, management oversight, etc..but clearly, communication is key. They can do better.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I know he moved his operation months back. Maybe he's not up to speed. I know Juan personally and I know he wouldn't hose you. Last time he had problems were because he had Movie Contract obligations. Maybe there's a new movie in the works. I feel your pain as I'm dealing with Sportsman Guide AGAIN. It seems they can't send out size 38 trousers. I have given away all the size 34 trousers they keep sending me. It's not worth the hassle of sending them back on MY dime. Yes it's a pisser.

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
wwii impressions

I love these guys, I have had nothing but great service and dealings with them.
The only thing sometimes that happens is if an item is not in stock, it can take a LONG time to get more in stock. But most of the stuff they have is proudly made in the USA (WHICH WE NEED ALOT MORE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!) and I understand things take some time.
I will go back again and again and again.
Their REPRODUCTION Items are 2nd to none.
I have seen AT THE FRONTS and WHAT PRICE GLORY and I hope I do not offend anyone on here when I say this, but WWII IMPRESSIONS Items SMOKE Any At the front item or What price glory item.
Just my 2cents
Thanks

Juupjuup

New in Town
my exp with wwii impressions

Hey,

Just to put in my 2 cents. I've dealt extensively with World War II Impressions over the years and have always found them incredibly reliable. Before I switched to the Dark Side, I did a USA/AC impression and most of my kit came either from my grandmothers attack from my grandpa cecil's relics (so GI, 1944 allied front post d-day), or WWII impressions.

They're authenticity is such that after the 'new' parts of the kit wer broke in i had to look in the insides to see my grandfather's info to tell what was GI and what was repro.

My experience with the USPS has been far from admirable. I once sent a certified insured signature requested letter to a company who was giving me billing grief. 3 things happened, a)i never got the signature request card returned, 2) the never tracked it and 3) i got stuck paying out 3.5k more than I should have.

However, the check i sent to the company, that they claim they never received, was cashed by the company.

Moral of this story. Dont panic about wwii impressions. They are usually good guys and are reliable. Never use USPS, ALWAYS select ups or fed ex options for expedited delivery and plan ahead for customs 4 days to 2 weeks.

juup

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
While I hope you received your cap and BELIEVE ME I understand frustration with UPS/USPS... I have nothing but positive things to say about WWII Impressions. I have always had wonderful customer service from them, and their products are by far the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk