Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Khaki Trousers - Originals and Reproductions

Doug C

Practically Family
BTW, I've recently taken a second (more thorough) look at the Premium Officer Chinos offered by J Crew and have started to really wonder if the Buzz Rickson version is really worth the extra $60. I have a pair of the BR's and love them but the JCrew ones look really nice too. The only draw back really is the "10 year wash" but it's not necessarily a deal breaker for me. Anyone here have the JCrew ones? I think if nothing else they're worth a consideration if nothing more than a color variety as they not only come in tan/khaki but also in a faded blk & taupe) - just for variety.
Doug C

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
As luck would have it, right after I made that last post I dumped a glass of wine on my computer and fried the motherboard :eusa_doh:

Anyway, I got my new Latitude today so I'm catching up.

One reason it may be hard to find wide-leg original post-war khaki pants is that in the sixties it was the custom in the US Army (Although frowned upon by upper echelon authorities) to have one's trousers "Pegged" down to a fourteen inch cuff. I had all of mine done, both fatigues and khakis. Then, when I was discharged, I threw them all away :rolleyes: (Not that I could still wear the 30 inch waist pants I was issued in 1966 anyway)

So now, of course, I'm going through all sorts of gyrations trying to find some

H.Johnson

One Too Many
So we need to find pants that were owned by servicemen who weren't fashionable in the 1960s!

In my experience there are plenty of wide-legged pants around. I've just picked up a pair of NOS postwar olive woollen pants, never been worn. Cheap, too.

hi guys - thanks for sharing all this information! only i cannot find a retailer or surplus or anything to get a good khaki. as i'm a 29er waist it's hard enough for me anyway.

does anyone can post some internet dealers catering europe, too?

thanks and enjoy your khaki's - my last ones' slightly fading away ... :eusa_doh:

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
WWII Khakis

Hey Guys,
I know you all like the Bills, and K-1's, I like the K-1's myself.
Here is a LINK to a DIFFERENT DOCKER K-1, Its a EUROPEAN Version, but man, It sure does look nice!!!!
Let me know what you guys think!
http://doshaburi.shop.multilingualcart.com/goods.php?lang_id=en&goods_id=1275

HEre is another link that has DOCKER K-1's for sale, but only a few sizes left. I have a feeling that some guys are going to be buying them asap from here, ha! I really hope this helps. Let me know if you guys end up buying some on here.
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/...e?page=displayproduct&subcatid=120&prodid=467
Here are the sizes the AERO Site has left - 33X34, 32X34, 34X34, 33X34 & 36X36. They are 55british pounds per pair. Thats a bargain considering I just sold my last pair of 38's for $100, no joke.
Also, I have some Smaller Size WWII ORIGINAL Khaki's that I will sell if anyone is interested. PM me your size and I will look to see what I have. Maybe we can trade for some other WW2 item, or I will just sell them. I have some 30W, 32W, 33W, I think I might have a 34W.

Let me know.

But I really do hope my links help. The 2nd link is the best!!!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
11641_1253855553528_1443727967_30717381_7674761_n.jpg
11641_1253855633530_1443727967_30717382_4770659_n.jpg
11641_1253855833535_1443727967_30717387_892014_n.jpg
11641_1253855913537_1443727967_30717389_6651246_n.jpg

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
^ Excellent pictures! I may pick-up a pair of these from BR through History Preservation Associates in the not too distant future.

I own a pair of originals that I won on ebay about two years ago. They were in mint/unissued condition with the cutter tags still applied. Over the last few years, I've actually owned 3 pair of the M1942's. The afore mentioned pair are the best of the 3.

What I'd like to add is that not all of the WWII era U.S. Army "Khaki's" have pewter (metal) buttons. All of the original M1942's that I have owned have had the brown plastic buttons. One pair even had a "gas-flap" inside the fly.

- Ian

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I can only assume Ace is talking about these:
http://www.uswings.com/khakis.asp

US Wings claims that their gear is "based on original WWII USAAF pants and shirts" and that they are " the only true military patterned khakis we've seen"

I've never worn them or even seen them in person. I'm also unsure of what your personal intention with them is either Ace. In any case, they look to be reasonably priced and made of durable material here in the USA.
Why not invest in them and give us a review here on the lounge?

USAAFAcePilot

One of the Regulars
I can only assume Ace is talking about these:
http://www.uswings.com/khakis.asp

US Wings claims that their gear is "based on original WWII USAAF pants and shirts" and that they are " the only true military patterned khakis we've seen"

I've never worn them or even seen them in person. I'm also unsure of what your personal intention with them is either Ace. In any case, they look to be reasonably priced and made of durable material here in the USA.
Why not invest in them and give us a review here on the lounge?

Thanks mrdaddy. That's exactly the link that I was referring to. I just forgot to post the link. I am planning on wearing these khaki shirt and pants under my A-2 jacket with my crusher and maybe a black "officers tie" and a USAAF web belt to pull off the look I want (USAAF Officer).

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Ace,
The only input I can give you is go with what you like.

If you haven't run into it already, there are fanatics out there for everything. Including, but not limited to; WWII Wannabe's, Indiana Jones Junkies, Hyperactive Hat Hobbyists, Suit Savants, Victory Roll Vixens, etc....(please don't take offense people we're all one of these characters, or we wouldn't be here on the Lounge!)

My point is that Someone, Somewhere will catch you out with an arcane detail.
So, If you can live with a WWII Officer look that 95% of the population will react to with a "wow, did you just step out a time machine?", then I say go for it.

USAAFAcePilot

One of the Regulars
as far as WWII look not sure really,but they are made well, but do not dry it in the dryer or wash it in warm water it will shrink, I'm sorry I didn't pay closer attention to the label, you live and learn.

That's one response I got when I posted this same topic in the "Outer Wear" forum.

Should I have doubts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112