Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII USAAF A-11-A Flight Trousers

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Are you interested in these WWII USAAF A-11-A Flight Trousers? Wingnut, Paddy & BT, you get first refusal. Send me a PM if you're interested. Look below the photos to see a detailed description.
USAAFtrousers.jpg

At Size 30 these trousers are way too small for me. They are sized to fit over a lot of clothing, so they would fit easily on a 32" waist, if you're wearing just one layer of underclothes. So, I am offering The Fedor Lounge members the opportunity to have these USAAF A-11-A trousers for just what I paid ($5.00 USD) for them at the thrift store, plus my actual cost to ship them to you via priority mail, insured. N.B.: In addition, I require your solemn promise that you will repair them and wear them; and not cannibalize them for the zips.

You will look very authentic in these WWII USAAF A-11-A trousers, viz.: (1) The right thigh has some very light soiling where the skipper would rub the palm of his right hand to dry it, so it wouldn't slip on the stick. I urge you to leave this just as it is. (2) The suspenders are torn and frayed a bit at the X in the back. I urge you to repair this by hand-stitching it, just as the original owner would have done. (3) One of the knit cuffs has un-raveled just a little. Use your own judgment as to whether you want to darn this or just leave it alone.

Apart from the above problems, these trousers are perfect, all the leather tabs, webbing, snaps and zips are intact and still work, they smell clean and fresh, except maybe the slight tang of aviation fuel. I would really like to see a Fedora Lounge member repair them and wear them. You will look like you just climbed down out of a BOEING B-17G "FLYING FORTRESS" recently returned from a 1944 daylight strategic bombing mission over Germany.
ap16.jpg

For some fascinating information, from Wingnut, Paddy & BT, about the history and use of these trousers, go to the thread WWII USAAF trousers that I posted last week in WWII.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou