Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWIJW

chicken1616

New in Town
If an Indiana Jones type person actually existed today, what would he wear? Since this is on the "Hat" forum, we'll stick with hats, but feel free to branch out into the whole ward- robe. Please think about this before answering. It may not be as easy as you think.:)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
If you mean a field archaeologist, I suspect he would wear what field archaeologists wear these days.

But then again, how many field archaeologists today have been influenced by Dr. Jones and wear at least some of the stuff he wore? And how close is close enough to what he wore to be called influenced? Wouldn't someone working out on a hot and sunny archaeological site wear a wide brimmed hat, long sleeve shirt, etc?

If the hat, for instance, was a fedora then that could be called heavily influenced. But what about a straw fedora or wide brimmed 'cowboy ' hat, or a gardening style hat? Not so much.

So I guess in answer to the original question, he or she would wear clothing and head gear that would keep the sun off them as effectively as possible.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If you mean a field archaeologist, I suspect he would wear what field archaeologists wear these days.
But then again, how many field archaeologists today have been influenced by Dr. Jones and wear at least some of the stuff he wore? And how close is close enough to what he wore to be called influenced? Wouldn't someone working out on a hot and sunny archaeological site wear a wide brimmed hat, long sleeve shirt, etc?
If the hat, for instance, was a fedora then that could be called heavily influenced. But what about a straw fedora or wide brimmed 'cowboy ' hat, or a gardening style hat? Not so much.
So I guess in answer to the original question, he or she would wear clothing and head gear that would keep the sun off them as effectively as possible.
There's a program on our TV called "Time Team," one of the field archaeologists is a PhD fellow name of Phil Harding. Here's a couple of photo's of Harding, one in 1977 and one recent. The influence of Dr. Jones, methinks.
Phil-Harding-1.jpg
Phil Harding-2.jpg

chicken1616

New in Town
I think wearing a brimmed hat at all, in the modern era, may be influenced by Jones. When I was an adolescent and teen, in the late 1970's and early 1980's, no one I knew would have been caught dead with a hat of any kind. Then the hip hop came, and the baseball caps....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ