Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yardley English Lavender

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I am able to get their lavendar soap in most drugstores here.

My favorite Yardley product is called Lace and I have never been able to get that here in the US though.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
In the United States at least, Yardley watered down the formula for its lavender in the 1990s.

That may explain why I finally like it. I never did like it when I was in Britain and when I was a kid, and now in more recent years I do, because the scent is more subtle. I think lavendar is also a scent that just grows on you over time.

I don't mind if the odor doesn't stay after I get out of the shower. I'd prefer it didn't, actually. Everyone uses so many strongly scented products these days that you end up with a jumble of scents from shampoo and conditioner, shower gel or soap, lotion, hair products, perfume... it's just too much. I love the aromatherapy benefits of a scented soap like lavendar or lemon, but really I don't want to smell like it when I'm done.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There was a time, long ago, when I was so poor that my only toiletries were Yardley's English Lavender soap and baby oil.
I was 19, so could gt away with it...

olive bleu

One Too Many
You can get tons of it in Canada!..well at least on the east coast..

You can still get soap, cologne,powder..I used to buy it for my Granny all the time:)

jayem

A-List Customer
I get it at the Dollar Tree They also carry the oatmeal kind. I've always used it as a hand soap. I only trust my Lux as a facial soap.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Do you like Lux for washing your face (sorry veering wildy off topic) I used to when I was younger but not tried it in years...

Lace, yes you can still get that too. Not seen much of it lately...

jayem

A-List Customer
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Do you like Lux for washing your face (sorry veering wildy off topic) I used to when I was younger but not tried it in years...

Lace, yes you can still get that too. Not seen much of it lately...

I love it. Leaves my skin very smooth. I make sure to tone and moisturize after, though, or else it will make it very dry.

Lil' Miss A

Familiar Face
I got a set of Yardley perfume sprays for xmas...english rose, violets and lavender, they sell them in Boots in the UK, not sure about Internationally though, they still also do Lily of the Valley :)

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
RitaHayworth said:
Are you able to still get Yardley English Lavender?

I havent seen it in ages....

I don't know if you're still looking for this, but I notice that you're in Australia, and my local David Jones has all sorts of Yardley (English Lavender, honeysuckle, rose, violet etc.) on sale in a clearance bin. I would definitely advise looking there. I've also seen Yardley lavender in various chemists. :)

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I dont have a David Jones where I live!

I used to get it from Priceline, but I dont recall seeing it there lately either. Might have to go in for a thorough investigation!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I got excited today, because as I was wandering around Target on a completely seperate errand....there it was!!! Yardley English Lavender spray!

Me soo Happy!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points