Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You can only wear one jacket for the rest of your life- do you go black or brown?

If you only had one jacket, would you choose black or brown?

• Black

• Brown

• Other colour

Results are only viewable after voting.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I've seen this discussion before, but have yet to see a poll on this, so would be interesting to see the results

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Trick question.

Brown jacket at the time of purchase. Black overdye as the the years go by. So black. But it would start of brown.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Because the choices are only black and brown I assume this means only 1 leather jacket for the rest of your life ?

Cordovan-ish!
bypIwAi.jpg

GpgnNOY.jpg

Last edited:

Manolito

Familiar Face
Black jackets are cooler, but Brown fits me better as far as (pale) skintone and (blue) eyes go. So brown...

Last edited:

newtojackets

Practically Family
Because the choices are only black and brown I assume this means only 1 leather jacket for the rest of your life ?
I guess there's more nuance to my question than I thought. Would your answer differ if it was just 1 colour vs just 1 jacket?

TLW '90

Practically Family
I guess there's more nuance to my question than I thought. Would your answer differ if it was just 1 colour vs just 1 jacket?
If this is just about my pick for the category of leather jacket, then that's brown because I don't really care for black leather jackets.

If this is just about a one and only jacket, then that's M81 woodland camo because the genuine issue USGI m65 field jacket is the perfect most versatile choice for a one and only jacket.

newtojackets

Practically Family
If this is just about my pick for the category of leather jacket, then that's brown because I don't really care for black leather jackets.

If this is just about a one and only jacket, then that's M81 woodland camo because the genuine issue USGI m65 field jacket is the perfect most versatile choice for a one and only jacket.
Ah makes sense, I should have specified leather jacket, but it’s clear which way you would sway in the black vs brown debate!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I would choose a Aero LHB in Russett Brown CXL SH - not sure if this color is still available through Aero. I've seen many jackets on FL that were Russett Brown and that color really popped. I have a Cordovan LHB and love that color but having one in RB would be a complete set!

Schambach

Practically Family
Black. Because black leather is badass. Brown is great, and probably matches more things, and sometimes ages better. I'd love to get a cordovan jacket, as they are lovely, and somewhere in between. But black is it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko