Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

You know you are getting old when:

KILO NOVEMBER

Practically Family
Last edited:
Number 9, the macaroni, hamburger, tomato sauce concoction, was a dinner staple in our house. But we had it with plain old white bread.

Number 10, the Corning Ware casserole, with the “Cornflower” pattern, is in my kitchen cabinet still.*

Number 11, the wooden salad bowl, was ubiquitous in my teen years.

Lots of the other stuff dates from a time when I was long out of the nest. So I guess that makes me old.

*The Cornflower pattern is still being made. I just looked it up.

Last edited:

Turnip

Call Me a Cab
…you remember having worked with one of these:

1200px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg

…you remember having worked with one of these:

1200px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg
For a short while during the 60s I had a four-track tape player. Basically the same as an eight-track, but the cassettes were smaller. They weren't particularly popular, as I recall, and didn't last long because cassette tapes like the ones that Commodore would play were the new hot medium for home and car audio.

Turnip

Call Me a Cab
That above shown player is a Datasette-Player for a Commodore C64 and is a predecessor solution to a floppy disc.

…when you gain a claim for a free, yearly „machine room“ early detection inspection.

A Boston Cooler. Anyone ever heard of it?
On the West Coast you can still find the occasional “California cooler,” which is a compartment built into an exterior wall, usually on the east or north side of a house. A door is on the interior, typically in a kitchen or pantry. On the exterior is either slats or holes in the siding, covered with mesh screens from the inside. Its purpose is to be a relatively cool place to keep fruits and vegetables. The advent of the home refrigerator pretty well spelled the end of the California cooler.

Turnip

Call Me a Cab
No, I’m not going to write that…:D

Not being a doc, I would recommend not to overrate it, at least as long as you couldn’t palpate anything knot-like in your arm pit or around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Komander