Your all time fav Leather Jacket (1-2) you own or have owned

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by 58panheadfan, May 18, 2021.

1. ton312

ton312

I would amend my post as well. My Windward also remains my top shelf jacket but I would put this Californian in above the Vanson, purely because I will wear it more, 1&2 reloaded:
    9EC3F973-C655-429E-842B-1FE41E5A56A3.jpeg

Riu, nickv, Robbie79 and 17 others like this.
  2. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

D970FB6F-002F-490A-9A0A-03884A7157EC.jpeg
    J-24. Only thing I can see maaayyyyybe pushing this out of all time status is if I ever get my hands on a FW Brakeman.

Riu, Cheech, Robbie79 and 20 others like this.
  3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

I’ll focus on my vintage stuff. The LW Trojan is the one contemporary jacket I’ll be buried in. For now:

Hercules D pocket:

7FB6EB27-9268-4320-97FC-EAB4A108F666.jpeg

Cal CHP

94773D04-18F3-4154-A27D-3681E7261137.jpeg

4. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I would have to say my IHJ-54 deserves this title for the simple fact that it is the jacket I most often grab when walking out the door.
    52AB939C-CAC2-44B9-A200-EAEC1E263894.jpeg
    Its funny because I have plenty of jackets that I like more but this one is so comfortable and easy to wear that it has earned it’s place in my collection.

Riu, Schambach, Cheech and 21 others like this.
  5. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

@El Marro When i saw you posted I was very curious to see what you’d picked. You’ve got a deep bench. I’m surprised/not surprised. Surprised: You didn’t give that one your highest praise Initially. Not surprised: The pattern on those is outstanding. The leather, please describe it. I lack the vocabulary. I wish everyone on TFL could be mailed a swatch. It’s so amazing.

El Marro likes this.
  6. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

@Bfd70 I was a little surprised myself because I do have a pretty serious collection and you are correct that I was underwhelmed by this one when it arrived.
    At the end of the day I had to admit that this is the one that gets the most wear by far, and therefore it stands the best chance of breaking in, wearing in, and showing the character that we love in our vintage jackets.
    You are spot on that the pattern is almost perfect, a trim fit yet comfortable with full range of motion. As far as the leather goes, I don’t think I can do any better than you when it comes to capturing it with words. It is thick and spongy, yet almost as soft as lambskin. It does very well in the rain. Another thing I appreciate is that although it is a tea core jacket it is really taking its time shedding the topcoat and showing the brown underneath, only at the high wear areas around the zipper and the sleeves. I prefer this to something that looks 10 years old after a couple months wear.

7. Manolito

Manolito New in Town

My classic flight jacket Schott 674 (the version with no sherpa lining and collar). Super confortable, super resistant, super well built, classical with not too many fancy finitions (something the 184 is bit guilty of), you can dress it up, you can dress it down, you can wear it everywhere you will never look out of place. It's not super expensive (700 € in France brand new these days, and there are second handed ones everywhere around the world for cheap) ; this is such a classic, well balanced jacket. You look good, but you don't look like you are trying hard or playing a part that is not yours.

It's a jacket you want to wear to go out and go see the world !

And my sherling Schott 257. I just love when it's quite cold in winter (0°C or less), I just want to put this jacket and go for a great long walk in the snow. Good looking, super breathable, super confortable and easy to live with, and yet so special !

I love my Schotts !

Schambach likes this.
  8. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

I have no all time favorite respectively that changes often. Most I currently wear my Natural Sheene and the Vicenza Ridley. But that will certainly change soon.

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  9. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

You rock the Mulholland. My fav from all the jackets I have seen you wear.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Superfluous and JMax like this.
  10. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

My two current favourites...........one gets a lot of wear and the other is so luxurious I am almost afraid to touch it.

Attached Files:

11. ton312

ton312

Who made that brown mouton collared jacket?!!? Super cool!
    Is that a modified HWM!??

dubpynchon likes this.
  12. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

It is an Aero Longshoreman that was on Aero's 'used' jacket page a few years ago.It looks like it was worn once or twice and then hung up somewhere in a glass case.I will have to check but I think it was one of Julie Leitch's masterworks and probably from a time when you could specify a detachable mouton collar....I always fancied a Thunderbay but this worked for me!

ton312 likes this.
  13. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I have 3..
    Good Wear Hercules..
    I babied this one for awhile and I’m not sure why, but it gets better the more I wear it.

CDD9A200-916A-4643-B3CC-F7302B9FBBA0.jpeg

Aero Highwayman Brown CXL.
    Plain Jane but iconic
    2482EACD-E0D9-4A64-991D-3D505C8E8DEC.jpeg
    Golden Bear CHP this one is new to me but it’s a beauty.
    17F37B24-AA15-4B95-82FF-4EE1C35BB413.jpeg 8223AA68-14C3-4264-BCEB-DBB4ED773097.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021