Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Beauty Secrets...Revealed!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a new beauty secret that makes my skin look dewy and refreshed, and I wanted to share it with all of you. Benefit High Beam highlighter! A picture should do it:
414-0w7ekqL._SL500_.jpg

A few drops of this in my foundation (I don't use anything special, just CG smoothers) and my skin looks fresh and glowing, but in a subtle, not overly made up way. Since I am not blessed with dramatic cheekbones, I'll also add a few dots of this on my cheekbones and blend upward, in order to draw the light there.

I am completely in love with my skin these days! (The Proactiv also helps!)

Share your secrets with us. You have to, now that you know mine. ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
A few drops of this in my foundation (I don't use anything special, just CG smoothers) and my skin looks fresh and glowing

Sephora brand makeup base/primer also does this, but for a lot less money :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

This isn't a base, though, it's a highlighter. Is the Sephora brand product meant for that?
There are definitely a million highlighters out there, but a lot are powder. I'm sure there are cheaper liquid ones out there-love to hear about them!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Once I got past my moronic, high-school sense of humor over the name High Beam Highlighter, I could concentrate on the subject at hand: I use a pressed powder foundation (Jane Iredale, and I love it) so I probably couldn't use it with that, but can you use this with just a moisturizer?

Miss_Bella_Hell

Lily Powers said:
Once I got past my moronic, high-school sense of humor over the name High Beam Highlighter, I could concentrate on the subject at hand: I use a pressed powder foundation (Jane Iredale, and I love it) so I probably couldn't use it with that, but can you use this with just a moisturizer?
Yes, I don't see why not. Just blend it right in there. I do however put it on my cheekbones after applying dusting powder to set my makeup, so it can work over powder, just probably not if you want it all over your face.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Ohhh... on of my secret wepons is the Benfit Bene-tint.. I use a smidge.. and I mean a smidge and it makes me look flushed and no need for blush :)
I have had my bottle since.. ohh I have no clue.. 2 years.. and its only half gone.. Love the Stuff :) (of course if used appropriatly) cause i have put too much on one time.. and that wasFunny! lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

LelaViavonie said:
Ohhh... on of my secret wepons is the Benfit Bene-tint.. I use a smidge.. and I mean a smidge and it makes me look flushed and no need for blush :)
I have had my bottle since.. ohh I have no clue.. 2 years.. and its only half gone.. Love the Stuff :) (of course if used appropriatly) cause i have put too much on one time.. and that wasFunny! lol

Sephora makes their own version of this too, or used to!

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Lily Powers said:

Make Up For Ever makes a powder highlighter that I use in a lot of my beauty work http://www.makeupforever.com/catalogue/compact-powders/compact-shine-on-make-up/14-1/301.html
and I just brush some down the bridge of the nose, under the eyes and on the tip of the chin. I really love it :)

jayem

A-List Customer
I've been using a medium brown shade eyeshadow so make my cheekbones look higher.

On a separate note, this weather plus my job kill my hands. The knuckles are beet red and all chapped. I've been putting a liberal amount of pure lanolin and Bag Balm on my hands every night and then covering them with gloves. My hands are baby smooth when I wake up.

Oh, and peach witch hazel (purchased from Fruitful Yield) has been very nice to my skin, plus it smells lovely.

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
My problem is anything with shimmer (mica, etc) causes whiteheads on me : (

so, I take a tiny bit of vaseline - tiny - and just gloss it on the top of my cheekbone (right where it meets the base of your socket) and presto magic.. my cheekbones look awesome (sort of that dewy thing everyone in a magazine has)

also, the brown eyeshadow thing in the contour.. yep.. except I use the dual powder foundation from Lancome in Sable.. and I buy one every year to year and a half.. lasts forever.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I have become a great fan of the Boots Pamper and Peel facial mask. Once a week I pick a time to slather this stuff on and I have the same results as I have had with a facial. It leaves my skin nice and moist (a must for this Minnesota winter) and it does not break out my acne prone skin. I adore it.

Bella - I use something very similar to highlight as well. A little goes a long way. I tend to put mine on just after my liquid foundation rather than in it. It does not seem to work for me when I use my mineral makeup though.

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
when i put on lipstick i use a burgundy lip liner to make my lips look sexxier. and sometimes i put green tea bags on my eyes to stop the eye puffiness after a long day! and then when i have fake nails,before i put them on i put a nail strengthener on so that when i take them off,the damage on my nails isn't that bad. and also i mix my powder with a pink-ish sheer powder to make my skin look bright.

Jojo

New in Town
I have no idea if i post this comment in the right thread. but for me this product is a bit of a beauty secret to me i think.
Because i have a light skin, i always found it hard to found a foundation in the right color. Now i finally found a perfect one :)
It's called dainty doll and available at www.asos.com.
The foundation is available in 3 light colors: white, ivory(the one i have) and porcelain.
So if you have a pale skin give it a try. :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
The Boots brand has a highlighting liquid/creme in a pump at Target for about $13. It's about the size of a bottle of foundation. How does that compare price wise?

And does anyone have a recommendation for a tinted moisturizer with SPF that doesn't break the bank?? I'm looking at picking one up for the spring.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I have a lot of beauty secrets, but the most simple one of them is definitely MAC's shroom eyeshadow. I use it on the inner corner of my eye (very important!), on my cupid's bow, as a cheek-bone highlighter, as an eyeshadow... It's perfect, the most perfect shade highlighter I have found, and I've tried many.

I tried finding a photo of me wearing shroom, and the closest I could find was this, where I'm wearing it on the inner corner of my eyes. But try googling "MAC shroom" to get a better impression of the shade!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
One for the pale ladies....

If you are looking a bit 'peaky' and want to add colour to your face without slathering on too much foundation, blusher or lipstick, try blending a little blusher into your hairline above your forehead. I find a peachy shade is best for this.

Yes, it really does work.

Redifer

New in Town
I don't know about you ladies, but come winter, my skin gets quite dry and flaky, which, paired with foundation, looks ghastly.

I like to slather my face in virgin coconut oil about 15-20 minutes before I apply my makeup. I massage about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon into my skin, and let it sit. Then, before doing my makeup, I massage again and blot. Destroys the dry skin and flakies and leaves my skin SO soft. Also limits the amount of money I spend on highlighter, because it gives that nice dewy glow under foundation.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Joie DeVive said:
The Boots brand has a highlighting liquid/creme in a pump at Target for about $13. It's about the size of a bottle of foundation. How does that compare price wise?

And does anyone have a recommendation for a tinted moisturizer with SPF that doesn't break the bank?? I'm looking at picking one up for the spring.

Price wise it seems very good! Not sure about the product itself tho, never used it.

For a tinted moisturizer, I like Neutrogena Healthy Skin. Boots has one too, never used it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk