Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Band of Brothers Episode

Mustang

One of the Regulars
I love Band of Brothers. By far and away my favorite "movie" (I consider it one long movie [huh]). My son and I have watched every episode, well, I have no idea how many times...we'll just say many, many times!

My favorite episode is "Breaking Point". That was the first time I grasped a sense of what it must be like to get shelled. Of course, there's no way for me to really know what it's like without being there. But until then, I just couldn't wrap my head around what it was like...at all. Plus I liked the scene where they attacked the town of Foy. It was especially cool, when, jumping ahead to the documentary, Guarnere and Hefron went back to very same place they had been shelled and were talking about it.

What's your favorite episode?

Mustang

One of the Regulars
DutchIndo said:
That's easy Carentan ! The battle of "Bloody Gulch" was awesome.

Carentan is my second favorite. It would be my favorite, but Blithe drives me absolutely insane!

Weston

A-List Customer
Wish I could remember the name, but when they find the Eagle's Nest. Just the sight of all that grandeur of long vanished houses and hotels, combined with the well deserved vacation our boys got...good stuff.

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
As well as being a painter of Hot-Rods and Custom Cars I am an actor on the side.

I recently shot a new movie with Ross McCall.
He played Liebggott in BAND OF BROTHERS.

He was a ton of fun on the set and my scene was with just him and myself.

The film is titled "Knuckledraggers".

Its a dramadey about the relationships between men and women.
Check it out at http://www.knuckledraggersmovie.com/index.html

It looks like the trailer isnt up yet but you can see an early montage of footage at the cinematographers site.
http://www.reubendp.com/films/filmsmenu.html
He is an amazing DP that I have worked with before.
Check it out.

Jim

Ha. I just watched it myself. If you dont blink you can see me NOT hiring him for a job in my scene. I've got a cheesy trying-to-hard-to-look-young light beard and earring.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Weston said:
Wish I could remember the name, but when they find the Eagle's Nest. Just the sight of all that grandeur of long vanished houses and hotels, combined with the well deserved vacation our boys got...good stuff.

That episode is called "Points"

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Since my 8 year old son loves Band of Brothers as well, I figured I'd also include his input ;) . His favorite episode is "Crossroads".

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Currahee....!!!! Disk 1

band_of_brothers_freres_armes_fond_ecran_2_1024x768.jpg

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
I like The Breaking Point the best. I really admire how much the characters evolved over the course of the series. By the time Easy makes it to "the breaking point", they aren't the same people they started as at the beginning of the series. Well done! :D

Mustang

One of the Regulars
DutchIndo said:
Every episode yielded some really neat scenes.

Most definitely. My favorite episode isn't all that far ahead of my least favorite episode. I'd even have a difficult time labeling one episode as my least favorite...I really do love them all!

shoelessjoe

Familiar Face
Hard to pick a favorite, as the episodes blend so well ... but probably, Breaking Point.

Two or three Saturdays a year, my two sons and I will watch the entire series in one sitting ... as DutchIndo alluded to, the boys like to have the Garand and the Carbines leaning against a wall while we watch the series.

Following our last marathon viewing, I ordered the BoB soundtrack and just like the series, the music is quite moving.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
shoelessjoe said:
I ordered the BoB soundtrack and just like the series, the music is quite moving.

If you could wear out a CD I would have worn out my BoB soundtrack. I love it. By far my favorite soundtrack. Michael Kamen, RIP, did a great job! I especially love "The Mission". In fact, I made part of it into my ring tone on my phone. :cool2:

shoelessjoe

Familiar Face
Mustang said:
If you could wear out a CD I would have worn out my BoB soundtrack. I love it. By far my favorite soundtrack. Michael Kamen, RIP, did a great job! I especially love "The Mission". In fact, I made part of it into my ring tone on my phone. :cool2:

Indeed! 'Band of Brothers Suite Two' (third track) does me in every time I listen to it ... the soundtrack to Saving Private Ryan is yet another keeper.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Watching Currahee with DayofDays as a full 2 hour experience is my favorite. I enjoy how it ends with Winters reflections on having survived.

As for Last Patrol, I've lost a lot of interest in that episode. Webster returns to a cold reception & volunteers for the mission to get back in as part of the team. This was not reflected in Webster's book. Webster didnt cross the river, he stayed behind to man a machinegun for covering fire.
I dont appreciate the mini-series altering facts. They couldve focused on teh men who did go onthat mission.
-bern

Mustang

One of the Regulars
MrBern said:
As for Last Patrol, I've lost a lot of interest in that episode. Webster returns to a cold reception & volunteers for the mission to get back in as part of the team. This was not reflected in Webster's book. Webster didnt cross the river, he stayed behind to man a machinegun for covering fire.
I dont appreciate the mini-series altering facts. They couldve focused on teh men who did go onthat mission.
-bern

I totally agree with you regarding Webster. I think he was totally misrepresented. I also read his book, which I thought was great, and I just can't imagine him relating to others so poorly. The way he is portrayed, you'd think he was a brainless, idiot who just arrived from the country club and had no idea a war was on. :rolleyes:

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I also have Websters book (ironic how he died). I like the episode because of the following reasons; The new Looey all green and clean, how he gets dissed by Malarky about dodging the mortars. There was the scene also when he flinches around the vets when Bill got killed by the bomb. It just showed to me the contrasts between the newbies and the vets. There will always be historical license when making war movies. We all went through what Webster did when starting back at the bottom. Web was getting screwed through that whole episode. I think thats why I liked it I sat and watched the acting this time. My friend hated Cobb through the whole series. I told him thats the way it is in any organization not everybody gets along. So in a nutshell I liked the acting in that episode.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
I'm really referring to statements like those he made while trying figure out which truck to jump into, like..."Geez, fella's this can't be all of the guys, where are they all at?" (keep in mind that is a loose paraphrase of what was said, but I think it captures the moment).

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BigSleep said:
As well as being a painter of Hot-Rods and Custom Cars I am an actor on the side.

I recently shot a new movie with Ross McCall.
He played Liebgott in BAND OF BROTHERS.

Pretty cool! His performance in the episode when they discover the labor camp was a true tour de force. It practically had me in tears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21