Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourit team in FIFA 2010?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
OK - the match is on. Which team - besides your national team - do you think makes a difference?
After watching the starting matches, There is no doubt in my mind:
New Zealand!!!!: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
They fight to the end and they play football like it was meant to be.
As a team!
Something both (edit - sorry Baron) England, France and Italy obviously has forgotten - IMO that is.;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Being a Kiwi I am immensely proud of the boys, we have done amazingly well, and I am very proud of their never-say-die attitude. I was jumping up and down on the sofa like I'd won the lottery when we drew against Italy the night before :D Even a lot of my Aussie mates have gotten behind NZ which is great.

To say I'm tickled pink would be a huge understatement!

In terms of other teams, I was disappointed about Oz, although there's still a slim hope.

I've always had a soft spot for Uruguay for some reason, so watching them.

But go the All Whites ;)

Spitfire said:
Something both UK,

That would be England, then?

I really enjoyed watching North Korea's performance against Brazil. 55 minutes goal-less against Brazil is a real achievement for anyone - even more than scoring against them, since Brazil's defending is notoriously … err … variable. But then the Portugal game. What a mess N. Korea were. The Portuguese really handed them a new one. I'm very disappointed.

Much as I hate to say it, the Dutch have been very impressive. Without the scoundrel Robben falling and diving all over the place, they're almost bearable to watch.

bk

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have a few sides that I am cheering for.....

England (used to live there) but they are being rubbishy atm...
Brazil (used to live there too).....
USA (for as long as they stay in)

But I have been impressed with Argentina as well....

amynbebes

New in Town
Well, obviously USA but beyond that I'd like to see Mexico and Brazil do well.
And I really don't appreciate them running 2 games at the same time, this bouncing back and forth is for the birds ;)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Yes, unfortunately if you don't play the games at the same time, you end up with an Anschluss game. Probably the main reason I can't stand the German football team.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/features/sport/football/world-cup-2010/31st-best-moment-anschluss-$21377086.htm

bk

well they could stagger by less then a whole match....ie a 30 min stagger would really not make the Anschluss game event...yet still make it a bit less difficult to watch or listen to two things at once.

Me myself, I have one on radio...and the other on a web-comment-blog updated constantly.....(no tv at work, alas....)

The Sky Ranger

New in Town
Baron Kurtz said:
...Probably the main reason I can't stand the German football team.,,,,
Though chances are high that British fans don't like the German Football team because we usually win and you usually lose?
[angel]

(Sorry, no harm intended. I am what people tend to call 'anglophil', but when talking about Fußball, everything is different ^_^)

amynbebes

New in Town
Ahh, see I hadn't heard of that. Makes sense. Miss Neecerie, I've found a website that broadcasts the games. (shhhh, don't tell ;) )

Yes, very efficient football, i'll give you that.lol

No, honestly, you've been at least adventurous this last decade or so. Gone, thank God!, are the Karl-Heinz Rummenigge days of 1-0 boredom. That 1990 team really was dull to watch. (Being Scottish, i don't have any strong feelings about Germany. We leave that to the English, who have plenty enough hate to go around!)

The Sky Ranger said:
Though chances are high that British fans don't like the German Football team because we usually win and you usually lose?
[angel]

(Sorry, no harm intended. I am what people tend to call 'anglophil', but when talking about Fußball, everything is different ^_^)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
That would be England, then?

I really enjoyed watching North Korea's performance against Brazil. 55 minutes goal-less against Brazil is a real achievement for anyone - even more than scoring against them, since Brazil's defending is notoriously … err … variable. But then the Portugal game. What a mess N. Korea were. The Portuguese really handed them a new one. I'm very disappointed.

Much as I hate to say it, the Dutch have been very impressive. Without the scoundrel Robben falling and diving all over the place, they're almost bearable to watch.

bk

Sorry - I do that too often: England - not UK :eusa_doh:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Had to come...lol lol lol

35686_420995684928_21290394928_4181.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Had to come...lol lol lol

35686_420995684928_21290394928_4181.jpg

oh dear....not undeserved.....

this is me snickering over here...although I do feel bad for the poor Irish facebook fans who only got that one free pizza from a goal against France.... :D

(Pizza Hut in Ireland, had its facebook fans click a button if a team scored against France. This generated a code for a free delivery pizza )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko