Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourite jacket - RIGHT NOW

dan_t

Practically Family
Ok, just for fun, what’s your favourite jacket, right now?
I emphasise the ‘right now’ part as I know my favourite switches frequently.

‘Right now’ this gorgeous heavy Steerhide Cordovan Highwayman is just perfect (until I inevitably change my mind & reach for another!)

0697DBDF-97EC-4C01-9350-C103E2BA2165.jpeg
ADF64A0E-EC0B-4A2B-AAAC-5E3C47D18E92.jpeg

I’ll second the notion!
Ok, just for fun, what’s your favourite jacket, right now?
I emphasise the ‘right now’ part as I know my favourite switches frequently.

‘Right now’ this gorgeous heavy Steerhide Cordovan Highwayman is just perfect (until I inevitably change my mind & reach for another!)

View attachment 170734 View attachment 170735
Heavy steer cordo 50’s HB. Best I’ve ever had times a million!
5943DC3D-5DC0-4074-91FD-704C8A695CAA.jpeg
80640E43-5733-4562-A918-CB85C74E8B75.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
G1p7DlX.jpg

I think this is my current fav, i wear it the most, it is nothing special online shopped off the rack 14oz indigoxblack, i took in the waist a little and did something to the sleeve a little, i like the inky tone and the creases it makes, and the button fades from black to brass

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Great idea. This means we can repost in the thread when our choices inevitably change :D

I know that most people are saying that my black Mulholland is my best jacket, and I definitely cannot argue with that. However, my current favorite is definitely still my deerskin Freewheelers Sunset jacket.

XIePcPa.jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
Right now my favorite is my Bates racing shirt. Purchased from the original owner who bought it new in 1968 and did some track racing and hill climbing through the 1970s. I’m hoping to get some pics from him wearing the jacket at races.

The simple design and padded shoulders and elbows make it different from my other CRs. It’s also unlined, which makes it a nice choice on warm days. Add in the history, and right now it’s tough to beat.

5F37C62A-8805-4C9C-919E-2AE39B74A5A4.jpeg

Peacoat

Bartender
You guys need to live in the South. If so, I imagine your favorite jacket today would be the same as my favorite: A short sleeve T shirt. Don't even want to think about a leather jacket.

A few weeks ago, I got a vintage heavy (28 oz.) Woolrich red plaid hunting coat. If the temps were in the 20s or 30s, that is what I would be wearing. As it is, I am stuck with my T shirt.

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Right now my favorite is my Bates racing shirt. Purchased from the original owner who bought it new in 1968 and did some track racing and hill climbing through the 1970s. I’m hoping to get some pics from him wearing the jacket at races.
View attachment 170798

Gamma,
sweet jacket and it fits you very well! i'd love to find an old Bates w/ dress collar.
how'd rejuvenation process work out? you had written about stiff-ish and dry(?)
i brought that recently acquired Sportster back best i could. wasn't too bad but also a little stiff and dry. used Lexol as i figured i needed penetration.
best,
mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112