Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your powder room....

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
Very few of us have a personal "powder room".....so are you one of the fortunate few?
Or, like me, you have a "small place" that you call your "powder room"?

(Pictures in your post get you extra brownie points!)

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Isn't it a euphemism for the bathoom?

The OP mentions "small place" which makes me think of "petit coin" (French for bathroom), so maybe that is what she meant?

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
i actually just bought furniture for my very own powder/dressing room! due to work i didn't have time to set it all up yet, but i'm beyond happy. it's a four piece bedroom set (a tall boy dresser, a chest of drawers with a mirror, a make up vanity & a bed) from approx. 1926 - the bed will go into my bedroom but the rest will stay in the currently unused room of the apartment - which will be allll mine. haha.

i lucked out on the apartment, my husband and i pay a ridiculous price for an apartment this big in a fairly good neighborhood but that's just how RI is!

i can't wait to set everything up tomorrow afternoon and start decorating!! will post pictures once it's all done! :D

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
So very sorry...yes, I meant boudoir!
I have a small corner in my bedroom I want to fix up so I was curious as to what you consider "required" furnishings.

6587079909_8fac0a0cf6_o.jpg

Barbara Hulanicki's Dressing room photographed for UK Vogue in 1975

Miss sofia

One Too Many
So very sorry...yes, I meant boudoir!
I have a small corner in my bedroom I want to fix up so I was curious as to what you consider "required" furnishings.

If you are limited for space, i would suggest a dressing table and stool. I find it invaluable that i can accomodate, lingerie, makeup and jewellery in one space. Plus you can make it look really pretty There is a thread on dressing table somewhere, with loads of fab pictures.

I would also suggest perhaps a small screen. Always a useful item to have. Very femme fatale to get dressed or undressed behind. Plus you can hang clothes or jewellery on it too. You can pick them up reasonably at most thrift or antique centres. I have had a few over the years, which i have bought in a fairly tatty condition and then recovered with vintage fabrics or decoupage.

A free-standing, cheval mirror, is pretty useful too.

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
If you are limited for space, i would suggest a dressing table and stool. I find it invaluable that i can accomodate, lingerie, makeup and jewellery in one space. Plus you can make it look really pretty There is a thread on dressing table somewhere, with loads of fab pictures.

I would also suggest perhaps a small screen. Always a useful item to have. Very femme fatale to get dressed or undressed behind. Plus you can hang clothes or jewellery on it too. You can pick them up reasonably at most thrift or antique centres. I have had a few over the years, which i have bought in a fairly tatty condition and then recovered with vintage fabrics or decoupage.

A free-standing, cheval mirror, is pretty useful too.

I have mirrored doors in my corner area but there isn't took tor a screen...hardly room for the bed!

But back to knocking out a wall......

Antje

One Too Many
I have since a couple of days a beautyfull vanity table in my bedroom where I stack all my hair and make up things, I will take pictures of it when I have more light

Lucky Starr

New in Town
Hello ladies, I'm new to the Lounge. I'm having fun looking at all the post and all the lovely goods. I have to say if someone were to offer me that mirrored vanity I wouldn't mind one bit. So very glamorous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points