Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Signature Dish

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Some people just don't do things by halves so what food is your "signature" dish, one that you have mastered and showcases your culinary skill?
For example: do you make the best steak and kidney pudding or a cracking lemon meringue pie?

I've perfected a cocktail or two but food wise I suppose my best would be either Eggs Benedict or Home-made Pesto Sauce - not exactly a meal, but one can always improve.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
I make a pretty mean pork chop casserole . . .

Browned pork chops, sliced potatoes with skin on. A cream gravy made with the pork yum-yums. Layer the potatoes on the bottom, pork chops on top, cover in the gravy and bake in a two inch pan/dish for an hour and enjoy with some corn, green beans or whatever your favorite veggie is.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I've perfected my chicken & peppers dish-- I've found an Olive Oil that I like and the amount that will give me the most delicious level of chicken tastiness!! I've also been experimenting with certain types of peppers and spices. I'm so into Basil right now. I can't decide though, if I like the yellow or red onions. And don't even get me started on garlic!!!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
katiemakeup said:
I'm coming you your house!!

Right? Sooo yummy. And actually, really easy. Just buy the two ingredients. Slather both sides of the fillet in olive oil and wrap it in the prosciutto. Pop it in the oven at 375-400 for around 10 mins. And you're done!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Specialité de la maison: Brunch

German fried potatoes
Scramblettes - scrambled eggs omelette style, with your choice of mix-ins
Sliced steak au poivre
Spring mix salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Fresh fruit bowls (with vanilla pudding if you're saving yours for after)
Coffee. And I mean COFFEE!
Sparkling mineral water
Choice of cocktail

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Tuna Casserole

I like to make a tuna casserole, but with prime ingredients. Seared Ahi tuna, homemade mushroom cream sauce, organic peas and perl onions, and fresh pasta topped with thick cut potato chips and sharp cheddar cheese. It's time consuming and rather expensive, but so so tasty.

just_me

Practically Family
Key Lime Pie (I had the best key lime tree until Hurricane Wilma killed it :mad: ).
Deviled Eggs
Gazpacho

randooch

I'll Lock Up
A huge tray of various fresh, organically grown, colorful veggies tossed lightly with safflower oil, oregano, basil, black pepper, sea salt, and fresh thyme, then baked at 450 for about 30 minutes. Serve with rice or pasta and a glass of respectable wine.

Kermez

A-List Customer
So many. Examples:

Chicken and sausage creole jambalaya

Creamy fettucinni alfredo with grilled chicken seasoned with italian herbs

Homemade rum raisin sauce over vanilla ice creme

Fettucini flourentine with a EVOO/butter/white-wine sauce with clams, shrimp, articoke hearts, capers, shallots, and parsey

Cajun cabbage and potatoes with ham, bacon, and carrots

Arribata marinara linguini

Red beans and rice

Thai chicken soup with bean sprouts, bamboo, carrots, chilis, and mint

I also grill up a pretty mean (and by that I mean "well seasoned") steak with sauteed spinich and a "salad" of sliced tomatoes spinkled with fresh diced basil

I'm sure I'm forgetting something good, but that's a good sample list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points