Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your sizes?

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I am always looking for vintage suits. Most I find do not fit me, but hate to let them go by the wayside. What are some of your sizes, so that if I find something, I can get it and then ship it off to someone who is interested.
I am a size 40R. 33 waist 43 outseam.

Chad

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BIG and TALL - REAL BIG !

If you find anything in a 58 extra long, let me know.

My Dad, who is a big man also, traded at the Man's Store in Asheville, NC during the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's (the Man's Store was located near the old Imperial Theater, but I suspect that was well before your time, Chad). Dad said that they could always find him a suit - but only in "casket grey". He still has several of his old suits (60's vintage), and I wore them until I "grew up" (Dad is only a 52 extra long). [huh]

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
39 R-L, depends. 31 Waist and 33 inseam. I've been rather successful on eBay, I haven't spent more than 50 dollars on a suit my size, and I have now 2 40's DBs, and plenty of 50's and 60's ones.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
When I first joined the Lounge is the time that I looked around online for vintage and wasn't able to find my size (or it got too expensive). In the time since then I've lost over 43 lbs., so my prospects have definately improved! If I do find something I'll be sure to post some pictures. Thanks.

Wild Root

Gone Home
42L-44L I'm 6'3"

Pants: Waist 36-38. Inseam: 33-34. Anything 20's-50's. Double breasted mostly... three pieces always welcome! Belted backs... yeah, I know but, if you find one in my size, please let me know!;) All colors and patterns from the 20's to the 50's! When your my size, you can't be picky!

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Sefton said:
When I first joined the Lounge is the time that I looked around online for vintage and wasn't able to find my size (or it got too expensive). In the time since then I've lost over 43 lbs., so my prospects have definately improved! If I do find something I'll be sure to post some pictures. Thanks.

I'd be glad to PM you with eBay links when I see auctions in your size.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Root, what say we start (or resuscitate) a thread where guys can post all of their clothing, shoe and hat measurements in one place. If you make the thread a STICKY one, then we can easily refer to it and help each other find vintage stuff.

I'll start with mine. Y'all can set yours up in the same way, if you wish.

I really look for 1930s vintage suits, fedoras and shoes.

My hat size: 7 1/4

My height: 5' 11"

My preferred suit jacket measurements: My suit size is 39-40R, which means that the jacket's chest, measured flat from armpit to armpit, should be about 44" (on a later '30s suit). The jacket's back length should be 32 to 32 1/2" inches long from the top of the collar to the bottom of the jacket. 18" from shoulder to shoulder. 24" sleeves from shoulder to cuff.

My preferred trouser measurements: 33-34" waist. 31-32" inseam. Trousers with cuffs.

My shirt size: 16-16 1/2" neck. 34"-35" sleeve.

My shoe size(s): 8 1/2 E, or 9 D, or 9 1/2 C. Shoe sole's outer length should be 11 7/8" or so. Shoe sole's width should be about 4".

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
It's just a matter of the guys posting their measurements, similar to what I've done in the post above. What you can do is make it a sticky thread, and put some instructions in to keep it steady. In a sense, each post there will teach the next person how to make his own post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk