Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your top ten hats of other Loungers

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The idea for this thread was Jeff's (Bowlerman) who - half in fun, perhaps - suggested it after viewing the Show or Tell your 'TOP TEN' Hats thread. I'm shamelessly stealing it. :D

Needless to say, this is going to be a very tough choice for everyone who participates. Don't take it too seriously. Let's make this thread a place to drool and to collect images of the most exciting hats of other loungers.

If you have a top three or top five, don't hesitate to show them.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
My current top ten, in no particular order.

Borsalino Litina pre-WWII (RLK):

BorsalinoLitinapre-WWII_RLK.jpg

Lion Hats Fedora 1920s (Josh):

LionHatsFedora1920s_Josh.jpg

Stetson 7X Mode Edge up-brim Fedora (Alan):

Stetson7XModeEdgeup-brimFedora_Alan.jpg

Stetson Excellent Quality Fedora (can't find the owner, sorry. Taken from somewhere in the Pre-1940s Stetson dress hats thread):

StetsonExcellentQuality.jpg

Borsalino XX Nutria Feather Weight (Alan):

BorsalinoXXNutriaFeatherWeight_Alan.jpg

J. Hückel´s Söhne Zephyr Seal Velour 1930s (Steve):

JHckelsShneZephyrSealVelour1930s_MW.jpg

J. Hückel's Söhne Superior Crystall Velour (probably 1930s)_MW

JHckelsShneSuperiorCrystallVelourprobably1930s_MW.jpg

VS Duplex (seabass):

VS-Duplex_seabass.jpg

Stetson Standard Quality Featherweight (Alan):

StetsonStandardQualityFeatherweight_Alan.jpg

VS Semicalado (Daizawaguy):

VS-Semicalado_DGuy.jpg

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
I'd have to say Rabbit that most of your vintage and VS pieces are on my favorites list, along with quite a few of alanfgang's and delectans' hats as well. I'll have to put together the list if I have some time to burrow back into the top ten and WHAYWT threads.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Have fun compiling your favorites, Jeff!

Thank you for the kind words, m0nk. :)

The Pre 1940s dress hats thread and the Pre-1940s Stetson dress hats thread have some real treasures as well; many gems are buried somewhere in the Post New Hats Here thread.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
This was much more difficult than I anticipated!
First of all, I'd take any of Nik's hats, especially the VS variations in silver belly with greenish-grey ribbons! Second, any from David (DJH) and seabass...
Now, here are my "baker's ten" of the current moment... subject to change (more like add to) at any moment!

I forget who owns this, but it's amazing:
t2ec16zhjgoe9nuqgjqbqmv.jpg

David's silver belly Tumwater:
tumwaterforcolor.jpg

Che's VS (sand/sahara?):
svsforcolor.jpg

Alan's hat:
96064525.jpg

Sam's Carmack:
scarmack.jpg

Sam's VS "Max:"
samsvsmax.jpg

Mike Moore's light greenish-grey:
72030748.jpg

Alive n' Amplified's Falcon Park:
anafp.jpg

Che's grey VS with reddish accents:
2323232327ffp734773enu3.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
AWESOME! My hat's in a TOP TEN!! :D Thanks, Jeff! I saw this thread at work and told my co-worker about it. He said that I have arrived.

This is a great thread; I already have a few that I can think of. Will start compiling!

I really don't know where to begin. I could probably select my quota entirely from RLK's collection or from Steve's european velours. There are many amazing hats buried in these pages that would be nice to revisit with a fresh posting in this thread. Unfortunately, not all the links are working.

Here is one of my favorites... an incredible ventilated Dobb's Cross Country owned by Douglas.

DSCN4980.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
This is an impossible task. I could start, but never finish.

I'm with ya there. I've been keeping an eye on this thread because I know that many of my top 10 will be here already, but it's not easy keeping with 10. :D

Let me invite you to follow Alan's example - just start somewhere. :) I know it's a tough choice... like I said before, please don't take it too seriously. ;)

My Top Ten....
JtL's North Valley Field & Stream...
Right2.jpg

JtL's green Stetson Playboy...
GreenPB7.jpg

Rick Blaine's Dobbs Hankachif...
DSC_0010-2.jpg

Frank's dark blue Borso....
P1180088.jpg

Alan's olive Stetson 3X OR style...
stetson3x1.jpg

JtL's Stetson No. 1 Quality....
1QL.jpg

Rusty's MooreLite Memphis Blues....
008lm0.jpg

Gene's Stratoliner....
DSC_0005.jpg

JtL's pristine Stratoliner...
OpenCrown-16.jpg

Rusty's Stetson Casual (I gave it to him, so it counts as not mine, right?)...
Casualpin.jpg

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Well, here goes some:

DJH's Bluegrass Whippet:
smugshot6587828-L.jpg

Rabbit's VS in Blue Smoke:
Bluesmoke-w-22charcoal-1.jpg

Delectan's Optimo in Silverbelly:
faleonoreordway.jpg

Short Balding Guy's VS in Dark Moss:
IMG0918-M.jpg

DJH's Penman Casablanca:
smugshot8004799-L.jpg

And I could also add just about any dress fedora that alanfgang and Rabbit own.... haha. But these are the ones on my list that I could find images for so far...

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Some great choices there, gentlemen. I wouldn't know where to begin on this, myself. However I could just suggest any hat belonging to Douglas. (Speaking of missing Loungers who you miss!)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a list of 10 hats that have impressed me. There are plenty more as well but these are some that caught my attention.

Mayerswegener's Hückel Superior Crystall Velour
4710377722_9fa5dfe698_b.jpg

Dinerman's Gordon
P1070657.jpg

Dinerman's BOTP
IMG_2129.jpg

RLK's Stetson Velour
5495151548_69612df100_b.jpg

AEH VS's
T_J_1.jpg

VS_silk_2.jpg

Daizawaguy VS (these dimensions aren't something I'd ever choose for me but they just seem to work on this hat)
Jan2010011-1.jpg

DJH's Tumwater
1199225621_YufAn-L.jpg

Coble's Black sheep copper pot
228485_10150241832675350_503590349_9340707_7252039_n.jpg

Alan's Nutria Stetson No. 1 Western
4.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This is a great thread - I've been enjoying checking out the hats. Nice to see some of mine and I know Tony will appreciate that some of the Tumwaters are here.

I've been thinking about my favorites - I'll post a top ten at some point but it is so difficult. It is interesting that some of my absolute favorites are hats I probably wouldn't wear myself, Alan's big old westerns and that fantastic Ink Blue Homburg that Al (Delectans) has, come to mind. Actually I think Eric (Short Balding Guy) has a twin of the Homburg.

So many great hats...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
This is a great thread - I've been enjoying checking out the hats. Nice to see some of mine and I know Tony will appreciate that some of the Tumwaters are here.

I've been thinking about my favorites - I'll post a top ten at some point but it is so difficult. It is interesting that some of my absolute favorites are hats I probably wouldn't wear myself, Alan's big old westerns and that fantastic Ink Blue Homburg that Al (Delectans) has, come to mind. Actually I think Eric (Short Balding Guy) has a twin of the Homburg.

So many great hats...
+1

That's the thing: maybe a weekly Top Ten list. Even that would be tough! Ed Wiser's monthly videos did a fantastic job of highlighting the really special hats, but the list keeps morphing.

Very enjoyable, though, seeing what others consider a distillation of the best.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the dilemma for me is tracking all those pics back from what hat are you wearing today.

Al's Optimo Silverbelly would definitely be on my list, and that's already pictured here.

Alan's 7xCB Open Road is the first hat which popped to my mind
091112.jpg

The brim on this hat is just magical.

David's AB:
dh-boot-L.jpg

Particularly because I'm an Indiana Jones fan, but the grey AB sticks out in my mind from the film from this shot:
109.jpg

And I've always wanted that hat.

CPT/VSG's Black Sheep Hatworks Goldfinch:
BlackSheep3.jpg

I believe Eggman also has one in Moss Green IIRC. I think Bob @ Black Sheep is making some of the best custom hats out there today - although I'm a bit biased because I own two and am saving for a third. But I especially like the really classic lines on this one, with the unique pleated ribbon treatment, and just that touch of brass, which gives a little bit of bling (as the kids say today ;) ) without being gaudy.

Jeff's Black Cherry Lord's Hat from Falcon Park Hattery:
0015copy.jpg

The felt color is great, the closest to Optimo's Oxblood that I've ever seen, done up in a lesser known hat style really makes this hat look unique.

Al's Heather finish Dobbs:
fadobbs.jpg

Another of Al's hats, go figure! And to boot, I would second David's suggestion of that Homburg. This really makes me want a heather finish hat. Maybe I'll have to suck it up and go Optimo.

The pics have disappeared from the Optimo thread unfortunately, but Aureliano had a Silver Grey custom that was really great.

Well...I think that's 8 I've got (and three are Al's!), I'll let you know when I find two more. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk