Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your vintage dream outfit:- forget your figure and budget just for once

Louise Anne

Suspended
A vintage dream:- forget your figure or budget

Ok ladies step out of reality for once leave your figure and purse behind and enter the world of fantasy with me and post a photo of a outfit your wear in a perfect world?

I will start

For me it has to be be this late 40's new look from Dior
dior.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I would like to wear the outfit Audrey wears in Breakfast at Tiffany's when she gets ready in front of her vanity with George Peppard, to go to prison. The big hat and all!! Obviously i would like her face and figure too to complete the look!

That's just one of many btw.

I must retire to me boudoir to ponder some more x

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Also, I really like Ruby Keeler's outfit in this scene of Gold Diggers of 1933 - Sorry for the youtube vid, I couldn't find a decent still of her suit.
[video=youtube;Vnpv1qXMnaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnpv1qXMnaM[/video]

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I love those big fur-trimmed coats of the early-mid 30s, like Jean Harlow's in Libeled Lady:

libeled03.jpg

And Myrna Loy's in The Thin Man, with that huge upturned collar:

MyrnaLoy.jpg

And the long, slinky velvet dress and matching fur wrap that Rosalind Russell wore in the 30s part of Auntie Mame:

Rosalind-Russell-as-Aunti-006.jpg

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yeah me too, i'll have Marlene's white-collared fur coat in Shanghai Express too while we're at it! You can't beat a stand-up fur collar. (Or a covered button, but that's for another outfit).

You have great taste ladies!!

Louise Anne

Suspended
What fabulous tastes every one has, even if it's a dream I am really enjoying reading about what every one would like to wear.
I did not expect fur to come up as often then I did not know what to expect.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I love this dress, i would kill to have this in my wardrobe. Look at that overskirt. I'm not a huge KH fan, but she did have some stunners!

I recognize that from Woman of the Year! :) I'm a big Kate Hepburn fan, I love how effortless her style was, even dressed up.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I have to say, i love, love, love her style, She embodied the whole 'you wear the clothes rather than the clothes wear you' thing and yes, she was effortlessly chic. The woman could wear a paper bag and look stylish. I'm just not a big fan of her movies for some reason.

Paul - Yes! I would feel like a princess in that dress, i'd be twirling around before i even got to a dancefloor!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points