Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Will

koopkooper

Practically Family
You know I was thinking about some of my prized possessions and was thinking that rather than let our loved ones throw our lovely clothes, hats, crazy collections and what not into the garbage perhaps we should send a lounger an email or post here what we would like to give them in the event one is to fall off the perch. What do you think. Sure you don't have to give em everything but perhaps something you know they will cherish.

For Example Benny Holliday can have my sky grey Bogart Fedora and his maroon vintage tie as he still regrets giving me that tie.

Senator Jack can have my stingy brim hats and Stingy ties.Oh and if he is real nice and can get it there he can have my recent purchase of my 65 Valiant.

What do you bequeath to a lounger?????

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Well, let's see --

I'll leave my box full of patterns and fabric I've never had time to make up to Lady Day and Lauren, and LD might also enjoy my bag full of rick rack, piping, and assorted trimmings.

I'll leave my old Kenmore sewing machine, now enjoying retirement as a nightstand to Elaina, who I know will give the old girl a good home.

I'll leave the vintage dresses I used to wear when my waist was smaller to Jitterbugdoll.

I'll leave my eight milk crates full of 78s to Fletch and Cousin Hepcat. They can fight it out for the choice items and sell all the leftover Red Columbias and Black Deccas on eBay in $10 box lots.

I'll leave my Kodascope film splicer to Doctor Strange, although he'll need to get a fresh bottle of cement since the old one is all dried up.

I'll leave my cookbooks and loose recipes to PrettySquareGal. Also my aprons.

I'll leave my books to Scotrace, who seems to appreciate fine reading matter.

I'll leave my discount coupon to Finale to Daisy Buchanan.

I'll leave my keys to the projection booth to Happyfilmluvguy.

I'll leave my refrigerator to Miss Neecerie to go with her swell new stove.

I'll leave my radios to CharlieH. Also the set of Rider Manuals out in my garage, so he'll know how to hook everything up.

I'll leave my DVD collection, my bins full of VHS, and my membership in the International Winnie Lightner Appreciation Society to Amy Jeanne.

I'll leave my Metrocard with one ride left on it to Feraud on the condition that he not act all Pavlovian.

I'll leave my counter seat at Moody's to Dinerman, with a reminder to always leave room for Pie.

And I'll leave my bills to -- well, you can all fight that out amongst yourselves!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I, Fletch, being of sound mind -- wait, check that -- being of sound body, bequeath my worldly goods, chattels, chotchkas, junk, junque, stuff 'n 'at as follows:

My phonograph records to a joint committee consisting of max the cat, Cousin Hepcat, HadleyH, CharlieH, dhermann, and LizzieMaine, the last-named party to act as chaperone and see that the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth parties do not bust each other in the chops during disposition of said records among all parties including herself, for which she shall receive all of said records not accounted for by all other parties in addition to any garnered theretofore by herself, plus my 1931 wind-up Victrola and loud tone steel needles;

My woodwind instrument arsenal to the abovementioned LizzieMaine, who may dispose of said arsenal for sale, all proceeds to go to her, or retain portions thereof in case she ever wants to give clarinet playing another chance or learn saxophone repair for fun and profit;

My sousaphone to max the cat;

My early television literature to the twice-abovementioned LizzieMaine, with the trust that she do more with it than I ever did;

My larynx to HadleyH, with the understanding that she keep it in a ziploc bag under her pillow;

My hats and suits to Orgetorix, he being closest to my size;

My Jonathan Richard Irish tweed caps and Inis Méain baby alpaca muffler to beaucaillou;

My neckties 48" or less in length to the Baron Freiherr von Kurtz;

My longer ties to the Lounge at large, to be disposed of in a suitable Classifieds thread;

My antique hat sizer to that dude (I forget his handle) who wears an 8 (or was it an 8 1/4);

My Cockpit horsehide A-2 to Fedoralover, because he didn't totally say it sucked.

Thanks, Koop! I may need that Valiant soon, though, as the pony is giving me grief again. You, of course, get my atomic NY pad along with 'The List'. ;)

Doc Devereaux gets all the leftover booze in the cabinet.

Salv and Night and the City can have my record collection, though they probably have everything in it already.

Reetpleat can have my autographed copy of 'The Doctor is Sick', despite our disagreement on the end of 'A Clockwork Orange'.

Mr. Maltby gets my collection of 60s neckties.

Hmmm...that still leaves the Shag prints and the Telecaster, Gretsch, and 67 Vibrolux. And the pony, of course. Ah, what the heck, Koop, take that too and live it up.

Regards,

Senator Jack

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Never really thought at the moment because there was no one to bequeath my stuff to.

Now I think I should have it so that my vintage stuff be posted on here for others. :)

The only thing I do have settled is that 'Life Insurance' or 'Accidental Insurance' stuff...the money be sent to the U-Boot Archiv in Germany.

Prien

CharlieH.

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I'll leave my radios to CharlieH. Also the set of Rider Manuals out in my garage, so he'll know how to hook everything up.

Why, thanks. That's mighty nice of you!

Fletch said:
My phonograph records to a joint committee consisting of max the cat, Cousin Hepcat, HadleyH, CharlieH, dhermann, and LizzieMaine, the last-named party to act as chaperone and see that the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth parties do not bust each other in the chops during disposition of said records among all parties including herself, for which she shall receive all of said records not accounted for by all other parties in addition to any garnered theretofore by herself, plus my 1931 wind-up Victrola and loud tone steel needles;

A record tontine, eh? Very intriguing...

As for my goods.... first to call it dibs gets The Railroad, and associated paraphernalia. (That is, if it outlives me, which I greatly doubt!)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Before bequeathing my massive vintage necktie collection to anyone I'll have to spend some time deciding which one I want to be buried in...and if I tried on a different one everyday to see which one it would be it would take me about four years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112