Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

YOUTUBE - Creasing my Federation

MattJH

One Too Many
I received a private message request from somebody asking to show how I crease my Federation, in response to the thread I made a few weeks ago. I finally got around to making it. I didn't adjust my webcam's settings and I've never even used it before, so pardon me for the somewhat poor quality. Also, for some reason, my voice is oddly distorted for the first 20 seconds.

Anyway, here it is. Simple stuff!

theprofessor

New in Town
fantastic job. proves that it only looks hard... should take the fear out of the open crown for some people. and as i've learned from my akubras, a little steam and you can start all over

Thwack

Familiar Face
I found this online and used it to shape my Fed IV, I should have known it came from a lounger! Thanks for the help Dumbjaw

MattJH

One Too Many
KatintheHat said:
My only criticism is your not doing the demo from it's original open crown state.

I couldn't. I had previously creased it. It's no different anyway.

MattJH

One Too Many
As a follow up, I still plan on getting one in Tawny Fawn and another in Moonstone Grey. No interest in the Black one. When I do, I'll redo the video with different settings to increase the quality and with the unaltered open crown to start with.

tortswon

Practically Family
A cinematic tour de force

In a world where the crease of a fedora can spell the difference between Fedora Lounge recognition and the subject of Lounger derision, Dumbjaw has created the ultimate instructional video. I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat. No one should be admitted during the last 30 seconds. I only wish Don LaFontaine were hear to do the actual voice over.

Seriously, the video is excellent and very informative. Great job, Dumbjaw!

MattJH

One Too Many
Why, thank you Sam! The next one will be better, though. The weird distortion of my voice bothers me in this one. It made me sound like a weird, erratic robot.

KatintheHat

Suspended
Dumbjaw said:
I couldn't. I had previously creased it. It's no different anyway.

Cool. Especially since I'll be shaping a new Fed IV next week.

I was thinking about Dinerman's theory. Chop, Pinch, Punch. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points