Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yves Saint Laurent Collection for auction

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Christies are having a big auction of the collection of the late great designer Yves St Laurent

Here is the link if you want to peruse the merchandise

http://www.christies.com/features/auctions/0209/ysl/?CID=5447010004303a

Imagine Yves wandering into the drawing room at 2.oo pm on Sunday afternoon, after a BIG party, on the previous night, and saying to himself "Now were did I leave my cell phone?"

ysl-0901-po08.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Just cut and pasted this off the auction website -

Evening Sale: 23 February
Monday's inaugural auction of the Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé collection was anticipated by thousands of collectors, art lovers and dealers. Over 1,200 clients joined Christie’s and Pierre Bergé at the Grand Palais in Paris and 100 telephone bidders were active throughout the two and a half hour sale, to bid on behalf of all international clients unable to come in person to this unique Parisian event. The sale was a world record for a private collection at auction and the highest total for any sale in Europe, totaling €206,154,600 / $266,743,437.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Hot on the heels of this auction, Designer Wolgang Joop ( you have probably been over powered by his aftershave in an elevator!) has decided to shed a few of his pieces, By Tamara De Lempicka"

Sotheby+Preview+Work+Tamara+De+Lempicka+Before+CZ78DNh9Rpfl.jpg

lempicka_le_telephone_II.jpg

I saw this one in Melbourne last year at the Big Art Deco Exhibition

http://www.sothebys.com/app/live/lot/LotDetail.jsp?sale_number=N08547&live_lot_id=137

"Poor Woolfie, I did warn him that the aftershave was too distinctive and people would get sick of it, Luckily i am able to "Hang on" to my own Lempicka

3321968702_dd9d01d4ac_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko