Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zealand Straws?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
I believe these are called Zealand Straw hats. They have a straw crown and a firm cloth brim with concentric rings of stitching.

(I took these photos myself, so they aren't the same quality as the hats that have been posted for auction.)

Is anyone familiar with Zealand Straw hats? I'm not sure what to make of them. They seem functional, but the look is definitely not traditional.

These 3 hats were made by Adam, and I believe they are all size 7 3/8.
357b3c80.jpg

34dcba49.jpg

a0ce1aad.jpg

afae17ae.jpg

07631710.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
They look like a variation of the worker fedora species of the 50's - mostly used on farms and such - the majority of which were made entirely of cloth.

Send 'em ALL to RBH, he'll love 'em!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow. Very unique, Johnnyphi. Very cool lookin' lids.

Seeing those hats also made me wonder whether, at some point in time -- however brief -- that stitched brim look was in style. It reminded me of the stitched brim Royal Stetson I acquired recently.

07631710.jpg

Brim.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Interesting...

I didn't have the pro-photographer take photos of these because I was paying him per hat, and I had to focus on the sure bets.

I can certainly post them for auction, but I won't have the snazzy photos that I've posted for other auctions.

If the people demand them, then I'll post them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ