Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zelda : The Magazine of the Vintage Nouveau - Issue 2 Now Available!

clubwitsend

Practically Family
inthisissuepic.jpg

Hey FLers!

I wanted to let you know that Zelda's second issue is now available online!! I am so excited to share this with you...our cover story is an interview with Doris Eaton Travis, the last living Ziegfeld Girl! Doris has such an incredible story, and I feel so privileged that she shared it with me...

Features in this issue:
COVER STORY : Like a Melody: Doris Eaton Travis (interview),
A True Classic: Robert Osborne (interview), Marsha Hunt: On Golden Era Fashion (interview by FLer Marc Chevalier!) , Cocktails : Dead Men Tell No Tales, But Their Spirits Do!, Pincurling Tutorial, A Dress Shoe for the Man of Action (in 1922), Illustrations by Fyodor Pavlov, Lawrence Gullo, and Joslyn Zoe, Gelber & Manning, Vicky Butterfly : Vintage Burlesquer, Sage Advice : Mister Burton, Vintage City 101: Los Angeles, On the Town

As always, I welcome all feedback! ;)

Thanks, all!
xo
Diane

http://www.zeldamag.com

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Looking forward to it! A photographer pal of mine did an epic project for Oklahoma's centennial in 2007, searching the state for centenarians, taking their pictures and collecting their stories. Doris was one of the most popular ones, and you should see the gorgeous sepia photo of her posing in one of her little hats.

I wanted to purchase two issues, but didn't see a quantity option on the website?

clubwitsend

Practically Family
ThesFlishThngs said:
Looking forward to it! A photographer pal of mine did an epic project for Oklahoma's centennial in 2007, searching the state for centenarians, taking their pictures and collecting their stories. Doris was one of the most popular ones, and you should see the gorgeous sepia photo of her posing in one of her little hats.

I wanted to purchase two issues, but didn't see a quantity option on the website?

I just updated the buttons- thanks for catching this! Now you can add it to your cart, and add more items before checking out :)

clubwitsend

Practically Family
4565155567_13e330b130.jpg

Our cover girl, Doris Eaton Travis!
Photo by Don Spiro, April 28, 2010

We were so excited to spend some time with Doris Eaton Travis, our Zelda covergirl, while she was visiting New York this year! Each year, she travels in from Michigan to NYC to help with a fundraiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. At 106, she is the last living Ziegfeld Girl- and is totally charming, funny, and everything you would expect from a gal of the Ziegfeld fold! Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider