Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zipped or Unzipped

Dracorex

Familiar Face
This may be a stupid question but I'm curious. For those of you that store your jackets on a hanger, do you have them zipped up or unzipped? I guess I'm asking this because I've always hung my jackets up unzipped but I've recently noticed that one of my heavier jackets that I haven't worn in a while has had the leather distort a little on one side from the weight and pull of the jacket on the hanger. I was thinking that if I had zipped the jacket up, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
Every coat I have is stored unzipped. It probably doesn't make much of a difference, but I suppose I can grab them off the hanger that much quicker.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

This is NOT the question I considered immediately after reading the title. :D On the other hand, I'm a BADDDDDD person.

I do button my shirts before hanging them in a garment bag, they stay slightly straighter.

Later

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
LOL :-x

When it comes to shirts, I button the top button only. Keeps them from falling off the hanger, which isn't a problem with coats.

Peacoat

Bartender
I think the hanger shape is probably much more important than zipping.

Yep. Use a big fat hanger, and the question of zipped or un zipped becomes moot. There are some ideas in prior threads for making a wide hanger at the shoulder for leather jackets and pea coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR