Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zippers- Share you resources

dakotanorth

Practically Family
I'm always on the hunt for good zippers, namely brass Talon zippers or something of the like.
I thought why not ask people to share their resources, if they are willing?
I found this site- looks like Talon is officially making a "Vintage" collection. Not sure if it will hit the retail market or if it will stay with manufacturers.

http://chinese.talonzipper.com/en/vintage.asp

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm a wimp and just use invisible ones. :D I've found a way to put them in that's virtually perfect, and I haven't the guts to try using a fancy foot or using non-invisible zippers.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Like Lauren, I get mine at estate sales, but also hit the thrift stores close to the retirement communities around here. I love those places the best because the sewing stuff is always some blessedly low price, like 35¢ each or something like that. I only buy the metal ones, and I try to get all that I can find, even if it is a color that I may not think I would use. Some of the other AZ Chippies sew, and I like to share the wealth! I never pay more than about 50¢ each.

Even at the big chain thrifts, like Savers, I find them pretty cheap. I just wish I could find vintage patterns there too-I think they toss the really old ones. :eek:

Thank you for posting the Talon link-it is really neat!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
Even at the big chain thrifts, like Savers, I find them pretty cheap. I just wish I could find vintage patterns there too-I think they toss the really old ones. :eek:

Thank you for posting the Talon link-it is really neat!

yep, they do... unless they've had some vintage-lovin' coworker chew them out for it. they'll save alllll 8 million 80s patterns, and toss the one 40s one.:rage:

dakotanorth, those repro zippers are really neat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff