Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Do you guys ask for updates when you order a MTO jacket?

I was quoted 8 weeks 11 weeks ago and I wonder if it’s ok to ask for an ETA.

Observe

One Too Many
Anyone ever had a jacket made of kudu? Saw this jacket on the Thurston Bros site and I like the way it looks. I have a pair of kudu boots and quite like the leather. AeroMoonshinerKuduGentlyWornfront.jpg

cbez

One Too Many
any lost worlds wanna weigh in on this leather?

I didnt know they did brown core.

i-img900x1200-1715121352zlczhz499539.jpg
i-img900x1200-1715121352ctcmim499539.jpg

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
any lost worlds wanna weigh in on this leather?

I didnt know they did brown core.

View attachment 616792 View attachment 616793

From the jackets I've gotten, they're meant to be dyed-through black. For some of the denser parts of the hide, the dye may not penetrate all the way and you have this white stripe in the center as show in the pull below:

IMG_2224.jpg

The only kind of brown-core I've seen is on LW's russet hide.

Maybe this leather is from an older tanning process or exclusive to Japanese market? But I'll leave that to customers with more experience than me.

From talking to Stu (and he's made this well-known publicly), he is no fan of tea-core or "antique" effect.
I don't know for certain, but I got the feeling that he's not necessarily against black fading to brown core - just hates the idea of hides being deliberately treated to show such wear relatively quickly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou