Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
Not difficult as it will typically want to return to its original position, but you may see a remnant of the edges of the dent.

View attachment 613916

View attachment 613917

I agree with Bob. It should more or less pop back into shape without too much difficulty.

Lincoln Bennett & Co Bowler - nice catch btw.
Thanks fellas, I been wanting to try a bowler for years but wasn't confident enough. I found this one and I'm hoping the fit will be right as the seller didn't know the size. But going from the pictures posted with a tape measure across the length and width of the sweat its definitely in the ballpark. Seller excepts returns so that helped boost my confidence. I didn't know anything about Lincoln Bennett & Co until I dug around here a bit, figured the $29.99 buy it now price worth the gamble on the dent

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks fellas, I been wanting to try a bowler for years but wasn't confident enough. I found this one and I'm hoping the fit will be right as the seller didn't know the size. But going from the pictures posted with a tape measure across the length and width of the sweat its definitely in the ballpark. Seller excepts returns so that helped boost my confidence. I didn't know anything about Lincoln Bennett & Co until I dug around here a bit, figured the $29.99 buy it now price worth the gamble on the dent
That is a great price for a Lincoln Bennett.
I would have easily paid double at least for it.

Please post photos of the liner, sweatband, and any labels underneath.

Remember too, to post it in the "The Bowler or Derby Hat" thread.

Once again, congrats on the buy :)

Happy National Straw Hat day!
1715822268207.png
1715822326222.png
1715822445301.png

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Could anyone shine some light as to the maker of this hat. I can't find any information as to a Royal Park. I've seen a JC Penny's Marathon that looked identical to this, so I'm assuming
Royal Park front view.jpg
Royal Park side view.jpg
Royal Park logo.jpg
Royal Park cushion comfort.jpg
Royal Park sweat band 1.jpg
Royal Park size tag brown.jpg
Royal Park size tag.jpg
Royal Park union label.jpg
Royal Park side view 2.jpg
this one was made by Lee as well. I'm also assuming it's a 1940's model. Any information would be helpful and please correct me if I'm wrong on speculating the time period.

Could anyone shine some light as to the maker of this hat. I can't find any information as to a Royal Park. I've seen a JC Penny's Marathon that looked identical to this, so I'm assuming View attachment 614496 View attachment 614497 View attachment 614498 View attachment 614499 View attachment 614500 View attachment 614501 View attachment 614502 View attachment 614503 View attachment 614504 this one was made by Lee as well. I'm also assuming it's a 1940's model. Any information would be helpful and please correct me if I'm wrong on speculating the time period.
Anything on the bottom of that manufactures/to duplicate tag behind that reeding tape? Sometimes manufactures name is printed along the bottom of that tag. Also if we could see the rest of that Union tag

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Anything on the bottom of that manufactures/to duplicate tag behind that reeding tape? Sometimes manufactures name is printed along the bottom of that tag. Also if we could see the rest of that Union tag
Hi Blare, I checked and there isn't any information on the manufacture/ duplicate tag. Here's a full pic of the Union tag as well. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Royal Park union tag pic.jpg
    Royal Park union tag pic.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 13

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Hi Blare, I started doing some research on the union label on this very sight. From what I found, the union label I have with the type of little insignia at the upper left would date this hat in the 1940s.

Hi Blare, I started doing some research on the union label on this very sight. From what I found, the union label I have with the type of little insignia at the upper left would date this hat in the 1940s.
Gotcha…. I wasn’t sure about this version of the “bug”

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic