Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

20240525_174655.jpg
20240525_174738.jpg

Found a couple of 45s at an estate sale this morning

^^^^^^
I may at some point look into how birds might be attracted to it, then. A couple-three years ago a pair of robins built a nest atop that beam this thing is hanging from, but the squirrels had them moving on before the nest became active. So I suppose that in birdhouses as in human houses it’s all about location.
They are Purple Martin gourd houses.

IMG_5982.jpeg

I looked into it. It seems that purple martins migrate through this region but they don’t set up housekeeping here. But other birds make use of this type of birdhouse. So, I dunno, maybe I’ll find a squirrel-proof way to hang it. But it’s already too late for it to see any use this year.

I‘m not a shot glass collector (hell, I don’t even drink) but it seems I have a collection of shot glasses, as I was reminded yesterday evening while taking out and washing the rarely used dishes and such that get relegated to the rear of the upper cabinets and collect whatever funk in the air that somehow manages to make its way past those cabinet doors. You know, the stuff you have to wash BEFORE using it.

Some of those glasses are kitschy souvenirs (“Wall Drug,” for instance, or “Elks Lodge #1292, Raymond, Washington“), some commemorate relatives’ weddings and some caught my eye at thrift stores and garage sales. Taking them down and running them through the dishwasher (gotta pour out the water collected in those little divots on the bottoms) and putting them back in the cabinet reminded me of how they came my way. And ain’t that the entire point of souvenirs?

I‘m not a shot glass collector (hell, I don’t even drink) but it seems I have a collection of shot glasses, as I was reminded yesterday evening while taking out and washing the rarely used dishes and such that get relegated to the rear of the upper cabinets and collect whatever funk in the air that somehow manages to make its way past those cabinet doors. You know, the stuff you have to wash BEFORE using it.

Some of those glasses are kitschy souvenirs (“Wall Drug,” for instance, or “Elks Lodge #1292, Raymond, Washington“), some commemorate relatives’ weddings and some caught my eye at thrift stores and garage sales. Taking them down and running them through the dishwasher (gotta pour out the water collected in those little divots on the bottoms) and putting them back in the cabinet reminded me of how they came my way. And ain’t that the entire point of souvenirs?
The OP started this thread on shot glasses back in 2014. I reactivated & expanded it to include vintage whisky & beer glasses. Haven’t posted any in sometime now.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-shot-glasses.76278/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou