Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bates Corner

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
It's the same with Cal-Leathers. They are still in business, but I seldom hear about new purchases from TFL members. The vintage stuff is what people want here, at least It's what I want.
So I spoke with one of the folks who work there. Like Wesco boots and Langlitz leathers, they have too much work and not enough help. They stated I could place a deposit and get into the production Queue, but likely 6-10 months before a jacket woudl be built. They are still very much popular as others have indicated, however I have never handled any other Bates than the 50 - 60 year old one I started this thread with.

Biff42

One of the Regulars
Cal is still in business but a new CHP from them is nearly $2000, and workwear cosplayers are only okay with that kind of price if it's made in Japan, labeled Himel, or sold at Standard & Strange lol.
Admittedly, I'm a cosplayer today, but I've become smitten with motorcycles. I want to buy one in the next year or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic